• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories BEST EVO mount I have ever used!

BigHAZE

Jun 4, 2010
..and I have used them all! Thanks to vgsantiago for the tip, I went ahead and purchased the Mountek MT5000 Mount which slides into the CD player slot.

I felt that this mount deserved it's own thread.

The mount holds the EVO perfectly and you can turn it portrait or landscape. I am very pleased with how well it holds the EVO and how easy it it is to install. I ordered it on Thursday, and it was in my mailbox on Monday. I HIGHLY recommend it, as I am using it in my 2008 MB C300 without any issues. I was using suction cup mounts, but switched to vent clips. This is FAR easier to use and puts the EVO in the perfect spot.

Check it out.

Mountek Home Page

This looks great. Is there any problem connecting to car battery charger or audio output jack?

wondering the same thing, made the suggestion after seeing it on goodandevo.net but don't have one myself yet. waiting to gather results from other consumers.

I see it can use a clip when it portrait mode which I use mostly with my current car dock. but wondering with the Mountek if it allows to plug in the charger, seemed like it would be close

Upvote 0
I bought one of these and I'm pretty happy with it. Fits in the CD player well and the tensioner is easy to use. The part that holds the EVO does a good job without blocking the charging port or the headphone jack. Vibrations are minimal. It's well made and sturdy. I also own the Kensington iPhone holder (Amazon.com: Kensington Windshield /Vent Car Mount with Quick-Release Cradle for iPhone/iPod touch: Electronics) which is a lot flimsier and doesn't hold the EVO as well if you have a case on it. The Mountek works well with my case. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

Upvote 0
Is the only option for mounting this car dock through the CD Player? I have a Double Din, and the only way to acces the CD insert is to have the screen flip out...

I don't have experience with this mount, but I am interested in it. The website says this " Find Your Groove - Ideal locations are the CD player slot; thin grooves in between your dash and instrument panels; slot of your glove compartment (passenger use only); or if you're on an airplane, use the MT5000 in the tray slot!"

Anyone here use it anywhere besides the CD slot? My head unit is very low in my car and isn't in a good place to look for GPS or extended periods of time like browsing music, etc.

Upvote 0
Ok I got my mount. 1st issue is I purchased 2 and only received 1. Called them, no response yet. Emailed this morning and will hopefully get response. 2nd issue was my CD player slot wasn't wide enough. If you have an infiniti model car the slit for the cd player is too narrow for this mount. I did find another crevice to use it in and the mount works pretty well there. This is exactly the kind of mount I was looking for, but I do wish it would actually work in the cd player slit. The design is very good and removing the phone and placing the phone into the mount is seamless. The only thing I don't like about the design is the screw in piece that stabilizes the mount. It kind of protrudes out the bottom of the mount. Not that big of an issue though at this price point. I would recommend this mount.

Upvote 0
Ok I got my mount. 1st issue is I purchased 2 and only received 1. Called them, no response yet. Emailed this morning and will hopefully get response. 2nd issue was my CD player slot wasn't wide enough. If you have an infiniti model car the slit for the cd player is too narrow for this mount. I did find another crevice to use it in and the mount works pretty well there. This is exactly the kind of mount I was looking for, but I do wish it would actually work in the cd player slit. The design is very good and removing the phone and placing the phone into the mount is seamless. The only thing I don't like about the design is the screw in piece that stabilizes the mount. It kind of protrudes out the bottom of the mount. Not that big of an issue though at this price point. I would recommend this mount.

Thanks for the update.

Do you by any chance have a pic of how big the crevice is where you mounted this?

I've been considering getting this for some relatives, but held off until I can see that it will actually work for their car.

Upvote 0

I wonder something...

I have a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder, and bought this mount...

wouldnt fit...UNTIL...

I hit LOAD [CD]...opened the "door", then fit in the mount...

Worked like a charm, no longer too narrow...!!

Nissan/infinity..same company, wonder if this will work for you...

Just make sure no CD's in side...didnt seem to harm the mechanism either..

try it and get back, curious if it works for you

shanty

Reactions: falconey
Upvote 0
..and I have used them all! Thanks to vgsantiago for the tip, I went ahead and purchased the Mountek MT5000 Mount which slides into the CD player slot.

I felt that this mount deserved it's own thread.

The mount holds the EVO perfectly and you can turn it portrait or landscape. I am very pleased with how well it holds the EVO and how easy it it is to install. I ordered it on Thursday, and it was in my mailbox on Monday. I HIGHLY recommend it, as I am using it in my 2008 MB C300 without any issues. I was using suction cup mounts, but switched to vent clips. This is FAR easier to use and puts the EVO in the perfect spot.

Check it out.

Mountek Home Page

Thanks for the heads up on this. Vent, cupholder and windshield mounts weren't viable options for me so I got one of these a couple of weeks ago and it's working great.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update.

Do you by any chance have a pic of how big the crevice is where you mounted this?

I've been considering getting this for some relatives, but held off until I can see that it will actually work for their car.

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town with a rental for a week. I attached a picture of the spot. Keep in mind that this is a attachement point of the dash/console so it does have some 'give' to it. Which means it opens up a bit when I insert the mount.

I wonder something...

I have a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder, and bought this mount...

wouldnt fit...UNTIL...

I hit LOAD [CD]...opened the "door", then fit in the mount...

Worked like a charm, no longer too narrow...!!

Nissan/infinity..same company, wonder if this will work for you...

Just make sure no CD's in side...didnt seem to harm the mechanism either..

try it and get back, curious if it works for you

shanty

I will try this as soon as I get a chance. Thanks bud!

Attachments

• mountpoint.jpg
    mountpoint.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
@shanty - I've had my G 4 years now and never noticed the cd slot chaning when loading or ejecting a cd. Thank you so much for your post. Worked like a charm. With the mount in my cd changer it puts my Evo in a much safer position.

@kegacide - It took mine about a week and there was no tracking information.

Also last update. I did receive the second mount and they did respsond back to my phone call via email.

Upvote 0
@shanty - I've had my G 4 years now and never noticed the cd slot chaning when loading or ejecting a cd. Thank you so much for your post. Worked like a charm. With the mount in my cd changer it puts my Evo in a much safer position.

@kegacide - It took mine about a week and there was no tracking information.

Also last update. I did receive the second mount and they did respsond back to my phone call via email.

glad that worked for you...this mount is great, apparently they are remaking it with better materials...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones