1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

best evo rom need opinions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by junebogey, Feb 5, 2011.

1. junebogey

junebogey Well-Known Member

I need one with 4g a goodbattery dont say fresh i currently have it and dont want it nomore thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lcallen80

lcallen80 Well-Known Member

3. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

You probably won't notice much difference in battery life when switching ROMs, as most ROMs use the stock HTC kernel by default. You'll probably notice a difference when trying a different kernel. That being said, when you flash a ROM, try it out for a while on the stock kernel - maybe a couple of charge cycles. Then consider switching kernels. Netarchy is a good choice, and will likely result in better battery life. Just remember that there are other factors that contribute to battery life and drain. A different ROM or kernel won't make a difference if you use your phone very heavily or simply do things that drain the battery.

4. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Going on what Akaza said, the netarchy kernel is great but make sure you get the one in my signature it is probably the best of his and if that one is unstable on your phone try the one with less aggressive HAVS.

Now on to the ROMs I have tried both MikFroyo 4.4 and Myns warm 2.2 both are great ROMs I think if you are looking for speed MikFroyo is the way to go, if you are looking for customization go with Myn's. Right now I am running Myn's but I keep a backup of MikFroyo and of Myn's so I can switch between them.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews