1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Best extended battery for Desire?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikecoulter, Jun 13, 2010.

1. mikecoulter

mikecoulter Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Hey all, does anyone know where to get the best extended battery for the HTC Desire?

I'm in the UK btw...:D

Advertisement

2. mikecoulter

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Nothing then? :p

3. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Garstang, NW, UK.
    I've looked but cannot find any.

4. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Garstang, NW, UK.
    Just to add, I found with mine that when I first got my desire I was not getting a full 24 hours out of the battery, but after use of a couple of weeks I am comfortably getting in excess of 24 hours. I did full charge and discharge my phone a few times at first. Li-ion batteries should not have any memory effect in this way but the battery does seem to get better after a few full cycles.

5. mikecoulter

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Yeah, mine got better. But I found that with medium-heavy use I just about got 8 hours. I need a bit more really.

6. mobilecables

mobilecables Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Hello, I thought Id share what I bought to help me with my HTC Desire. I found a 2600mah battery that is thicker and comes with a new rear battery cover at oddsandpods. I prevously bought the same style battery from them for mt HTC Hero and it worked a treat.

The battery can be found at: Odds And Pods-HTC Desire Extended 2600mAh Battery and Replacement Back Cover

I ordered it Thursday last week and it arrived in the post this morning. Im charging it tonight then I'll be using it. I hope its as good as the last one I bought from them.

7. Chris Hordley

Chris Hordley New Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Any more on this ? As I would like an extended battery, I use my Desire so much that I wonder if it will last to my upgrade.

8. deanshep85

deanshep85 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    UK
    strange as when you click the link its now a 3000mAh battery with cover....its also VERY low price for what it is...I mean GENUINE replacement batterys for phones are normally that price....

9. Mike777

Mike777 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    Interested in this but is there a 'hole' for the camera to work ? ? ?

Thanks
    Mike

Tags: