• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Extended battery?

Fir_Na_Tine

Sep 30, 2010
Whats the best extended battery for the Rezound? Which one do you use?Anyone know of any deals out there on them? I have 2 Otterbox defender cases that I remember seeing a thread where someone modded it work with extended battery.

I think I'm going to have this phone for another year at least. My battery has barely been making it a full day and I'd love some extra juice without carrying a extra battery around.

There's nothing in the best deals thread about extended batteries, fyi.
Personally I have the HTC extended battery and I'm not happy with it. The battery life is great but at the expense of aesthetics. The phone doesn't look as nice and doesn't lay flat on a surface and will rock if you touch the screen. I find it particularly annoying. I tried modifying the stock back to get it to fit in my Incipio case but no dice, it's too big. There's a few other batteries available online (I do most of my shopping on Amazon) and so far I've found two brands of 1750 and a 1900mah version. I *believe* all of these will fit in the stock battery back.

Upvote 0
Whats the best extended battery for the Rezound? Which one do you use?Anyone know of any deals out there on them? I have 2 Otterbox defender cases that I remember seeing a thread where someone modded it work with extended battery.

I think I'm going to have this phone for another year at least. My battery has barely been making it a full day and I'd love some extra juice without carrying a extra battery around.

Here is the correct link to the thread I thought might be of interest:
http://androidforums.com/htc-rezound/444731-official-accessories-thread.html

There's nothing in the best deals thread about extended batteries, fyi.

Thanks for pointing out my blunder.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with the performance of the 1900 Mugen battery that fits in the standard battery door.

Unfortunately my first Mugen just died after Thanksgiving so that one only lasted 7 months. But I didn't realize just how nice the extra power from the Mugen was until I had to go back to my standard battery.

Ordered another 1900 Mugen and received it about 10 days ago. Hope it works longer this time, because the added battery life is great!

Check out Retail Me Not or similar sites if you plan to order from Mugen. I got a coupon for a slight discount (10% the first time, 5% this last time.)

Reactions: chknhwk
Upvote 0
2750 mAh battery & new back cover $40 - Amazon... I can't kill this battery: 100% screen brightness, 4G unlimited data plan, 5+ hours *screen on* time...

41wAI2X62TL._SS500_.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm happy with the performance of the 1900 Mugen battery that fits in the standard battery door.

Unfortunately my first Mugen just died after Thanksgiving so that one only lasted 7 months. But I didn't realize just how nice the extra power from the Mugen was until I had to go back to my standard battery.

Ordered another 1900 Mugen and received it about 10 days ago. Hope it works longer this time, because the added battery life is great!

Check out Retail Me Not or similar sites if you plan to order from Mugen. I got a coupon for a slight discount (10% the first time, 5% this last time.)

I just switched to the rezound and was wondering where to buy a bigger battery. However I do not want one that won't fit in the standard back. Is the 1900 good for that? If so how Much did it cost?

Upvote 0
Not sure how often Amazon changes prices... guess you could search Amazon for "HTC Rezound extended battery" just in case it has changed.

as of 02-Jan, here is a link you could use: Amazon.com: HTC Rezound Extended Battery with Door - HTC Rezound: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks for the info. I ordered one from Amazon and its similar to the one you posted but from a different seller. Also ordered a combo holster and shell for the extended one. Price was slightly higher and I noticed that the one I bought from isn't listed anymore and price was different too by a few dollars.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I ordered one from Amazon and its similar to the one you posted but from a different seller. Also ordered a combo holster and shell for the extended one. Price was slightly higher and I noticed that the one I bought from isn't listed anymore and price was different too by a few dollars.

Right on... did you stay with the 2750 mAh or get the monster 3240 mAh?
Not going to lie -- 2750 mAh adds some heft to the phone but it was worth it to me for all that juicy power.

Like most batteries, it will take 3-5 full charge / discharge before you start seeing your longest battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones