• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Facebook App?

Hi All -

Setting up my Nexus S 4G, after upgrading from a Hero, and I'm trying to decide on a Facebook app.

I want notification, and the ability to reply to posts, and messages. And I don't want the browser to steer me to the mobile site all the time.

Suggestions?
Suggest you look in the STICKY on this forum entitled The "Best (Category) App" thread list as this contains the already asked, and answered, thread that may help you...

Best Facebook App

Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0
Thanks, ironass, I did search before posting, but didn't come upon this thread.

However, the last post is a year and a half ago, so, pretty stale by now.

Thanks for the tip, raynoldsk, I think the field has been narrowed to seesmic (but no notifications!). Friendcaster, and Tweetdeck.

With all the $$$ that FB has, why can't they make a decent mobile app???

Upvote 0
You would think they would, wouldn't you?

I tried Seesmic and Tweetdeck, and they both worked fine for Twitter, but did not work well for FB for me. I think it may be due to different log-in names, so if you have the same log-in for both, ymmv.

I ended up using the Twitter mobile app, though, with TweetPlus. My main need in Twitter was being able to translate. Seesmic did (with TweetPlus)' but TweetPlus wouldn't work without the Twitter app, so I just stuck with that. I liked Seesmic better, thoug, and if you can get it working with FB, too, that would be great!

Upvote 0
I've tried friendcaster many times, and I just do not like it. It's a touch slow. The free version has HUGE ads. I don't like the UI. It does not have chat.

Do not try Facebook Mobile, by far the worst of the worst.

For me, the regular ole Facebook for Android app is best.

Now here's the key: You will want to log in to FB on a PC, and set up your profile for mobile notifications. Select every option that is supported by mobile. Then make sure you have a pop-up notification app for SMS (SMS Popup, Handcent, Go SMS Pro, etc,) Then anytime you get a FB notification, it will be texted to you, and pop up on a big big pop window on your phone, and usually will include the senders FB profile pic.

Reactions: Ferdamshur
Upvote 0
Now here's the key: You will want to log in to FB on a PC, and set up your profile for mobile notifications. Select every option that is supported by mobile. Then make sure you have a pop-up notification app for SMS (SMS Popup, Handcent, Go SMS Pro, etc,) Then anytime you get a FB notification, it will be texted to you, and pop up on a big big pop window on your phone, and usually will include the senders FB profile pic.

Excellent tip - I'll give it a shot.

Thanx!

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones