1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Facebook Option for HTC Phones

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TheSultan, May 24, 2011.

1. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert

On my HTC Thunderbolt, I set up the Facebook for HTC Sense when I first turned on the phone. I like the Facebook Contacts sync option, but the damn chat feature nearly always has me signed in. Even when I log out of the Facebook app, instantly I get a chat notification when I get a message--just seconds later.

So, I "removed account" in the Accounts list, and now, there is no sync among the Facebook Contacts.

What do you guys do for a solution to this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You need to log out of Chat separately.. .open up chat and then choose "menu" to log out.

That way you can be logged into FB but out of Chat the same way as on the full site.

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert

Thanks Gorey, that doesn't work for me.

I'm currently chatting in the browser on my office computer. I open Facebook on my phone, open chat, and then menu>logout. Then seconds later, I check my phone for notifications and I see I'm still receiving chat messages.

It's enough to make me completely uninstall Facebook from my phone!!

4. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member

I have to say that I don't really like the Facebook Android app either. It's buggy. And I've also lost the ability to sync my Facebook contact's info on my HTC Droid Eris. I was able to get this feature to work a few weeks ago after resetting my phone back to factory default. However, it doesn't work again. I think it has something to do with the changes Facebook continues to make. Have you tried to use FriendCaster. In my opinion, it works better that the Facebook app itself.