1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best fast charger on a Note 2 for the car?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mkuszek, Jan 4, 2013.

1. mkuszek

mkuszek Newbie

I know most of the chargers are made for the iPhone that have .5 amps but
    the note has a bigger battery and I want to charge it a bit faster.
    Some chargers say they are 1 full volt but when measured they are not.
    I don't think u can use a tablet charger on the note because they are mostly 3 amps.
    Amps , volts, watts..........It's all difficult to understand.
    Can anyone recommend a fast ,safe, quality charger for my Note 2?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

You mean amps, not volts. All USB chargers work at the same voltage.(about 5v) There should be no problem using a higher (amp output) rated charger with the note2 - it will draw what it can take (depends on the resistance of the charging circuit). If the charger is less than 2amp capacity, the phone wont charge as fast as it could. I tend to use 1amp rated HTC car chargers which I have as a result of my old phone.

Roger

3. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

4. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

You can buy a tomtom car charger that had 2 USB outputs, one of which I believe is 2amps @5v. That's what I use and have no problems. Even use a HTC angled micro USB lead with it

5. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

6. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

Verizon dual port with the front that looks square-ish.

Got my 25% discount and VZW cares for me if there are any issues. I get full charging, and I can plug in a micro usb cable if anyone needs an extra plug. Full 2.1 Amp, aka fast charging. When you touch the micro-usb end it has an LED that lights up, too.... huge extra bonus in the dark!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews