1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Best Flashlight App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by armeN0317, Jun 22, 2012.

1. armeN0317

armeN0317 Well-Known Member

I'm coming from an HTC Evo which had a nice built in flash light app. There's a million flashlight apps in the play store. Any recommendations?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breynolds007

breynolds007 Well-Known Member

I like Tiny Flashlight...has a nice widget you can put on your screen just to quickly turn on/off. And, it doesn't turn off when the screen does like the Motorola flashlight app. Plus it's free.

armeN0317 likes this.
  3. Optid

Optid Well-Known Member

armeN0317 likes this.
  4. armeN0317

armeN0317 Well-Known Member

I went with Droid Light for now. Widget would be nice so I'll try Tesla Led. I advice you remove Tiny flashlight based on all the permissions it requires. Flashlight app shouldn't need full network control and all the other garbage permissions they want.

Edit: switched to tesla led. The widget is great!

5. CSummers

CSummers Lurker

Tiny Flashlight + LED for use. Droidologist actually ran some kind of a test to figure out which one is the best and apparently Tiny Flashlight + LED won.

6. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast

Another vote for Tiny Flashlight. All the light apps do the same thing. They turn on your LED bulb. What makes them different are the extras it comes with.

7. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

I use TeslaLED because it has some built-in integration with Widget Locker (not that you couldn't use a widget from any flashlight app).

8. Rogus

Rogus Newbie

I have had both Droidlight and TinyFlash light on my Maxx. Droidlight does have a widget. Now I just TinyFlash light. Don't need two flashlight apps and TF has lots more features/options.

9. I use it infrequently.

I use the one in ... Smart Tools ... and find the rest of the tools to be simply great.

... Thom

10. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

how do i increase the output in Tiny Flashight?

the red indicator towards the top of the screen says "20%", so i assume i can increase it?

thanks.

11. cbreze

cbreze Android Enthusiast

Surprised no one mentioned " brightest flashlight". Lots of options and is very bright.

12. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

I've never really paid much attention to that indicator but my guess right now is that number represents your % of battery charge left (rounded to the nearest 10%), not an indication of the flashilight's output. Mine is currently green and showing 100% as I just took my phone off the charger an hour ago and my GSam battery indicator shows I currently have 97% battery left.

Check yours again and it should be in line with your current battery left % now if my guess is right. I'll know better after my battery charge drops below 95% later this morning.

bixler777 likes this.
  13. It is the battery.

... Thom

bixler777 likes this.
  14. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

Yep, confirmed. My Tiny Flashlight is now showing 90%, same as my phone's remaining battery graph.

bixler777 likes this.
  15. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

I use something called

flashlight. has options for flashing screen, flashing LED, typed in morse code, color screen lights (as it - pick a color off a wheel - then press on - whole screen is _______ color light.

has batter indication - works well and I like the strobe features.

16. erisFan

erisFan Lurker

I like GN Flashlight. Designed for Galaxy Nexus but works on the Maxx. I like that it can stay on after the screen times out.

17. Raptor_Jesus

Raptor_Jesus On Probation

DashLight is good. Has a widget, no ads, and minimal permissions. Plus it has a nice holo look to it.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews