• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best format for music

Context pal, context. He said (and I am paraphrasing) that he heard that any time that you convert between MP3 and MP4, you will lose some quality. That was the context - was it not? And then you said not every time. My statement was based on the context of the thread. And that is you will lose quality during an MP3/MP4 conversion. You can keep the vulgarity out of it too.
Carefully read what i said in my last 3 post please, once you figure out i was replying to a completely different guy than my second post in this thread you can bother not to reply to me

Upvote 0
Hold on, am I missing something here? I have read every post in this thread and most seem to recommend downgrading quality because you won't be able to tell the difference in quality through headphones. Isn't anyone here planning on using their Incredible to play songs through your car or home stereo? I know for a fact that I am planning on being a heavy user of this feature (my commute is about an hour each way). I surely cannot be the only one? I'm definitely in the boat of using as high quality of audio as you can. It may take up more space but with 8GB built in and another 32 supported via SD card... I don't see why not.

I am not planning on doing that. So it doesn't apply to my situation. I don't have the ability right now to do so. I only plan on using it while gardening and stuff.

My question seems to have caused more trouble than it was worth due to my total lack of knowledge..and for that I apologize.:eek:

Upvote 0
I am not planning on doing that. So it doesn't apply to my situation. I don't have the ability right now to do so. I only plan on using it while gardening and stuff.

My question seems to have caused more trouble than it was worth due to my total lack of knowledge..and for that I apologize.:eek:

No problem, my response was more towards the direction of the thread in general. I'm thinking that someone else who is new to this as well is going to read it and think "well most people seem to say I should just use lower quality because I won't notice". Not always true. I know what people are saying but they're just saying it the wrong way. Enjoy your phone though! I know I'm gonna love mine.

Upvote 0
No problem, my response was more towards the direction of the thread in general. I'm thinking that someone else who is new to this as well is going to read it and think "well most people seem to say I should just use lower quality because I won't notice". Not always true. I know what people are saying but they're just saying it the wrong way. Enjoy your phone though! I know I'm gonna love mine.
Well the quality should be high enough to not notice even to some well age audiophiles, most can't tell the diffence between 192 kbp and 320(anything below is noticeable) or one format to another even if it's converted to another codec, now if your converting low quality files to another low quality there's going to be a problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones