1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Free Back-Up App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by icu222much, Jul 9, 2013.

1. icu222much

icu222much Newbie

I'm looking for an app that will completely back-up my phone. This includes contacts, wallpapers, settings, images, ringtones, apps that are installed, and even my launcher plus its settings. I was hoping that it will be a simple set-up (ie - press here to backup your phone) and simple process to re-install your backup (ie - select your backup file and apply changes).

I have a HTC One S on Fido.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Is the phone rooted? If not, the best you can do is backup things like your apps, SMS and contacts. Look into an app called my backup pro

If you are rooted, a nandroid will take a snapshot of your phones current state and can restore it to exactly that state at any time

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Crashdamage, chanchan05 and Rxpert83 like this.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I just restored from Helium after a factory reset a few weeks ago and it returns everything as far as I see, even my game progress.

Rxpert83, Crashdamage and EarlyMon like this.
  5. icu222much

icu222much Newbie

Cool, thanks guys. I'll check out Helium!

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I always forget helium.

Let us know how it goes!

7. ayaznoor

ayaznoor Well-Known Member

hey guys, I have same problem. I need to backup app data, and after hearing so much about Helium, I installed it. but oddly enough, it doesn't give me an option to save backup files in SD card, its like it doesn't even recognize SD, but allows me to pick the apps, even those that are installed in SD. and I cant backup in internal memory because I want to factory reset my phone, plus it gives me a Desktop Password error

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

It doesn't work with Motorolas and some Sonys, sorry about that. :(

Rxpert83 likes this.