• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Free Live Wallpapers

TopAndroidWallpapers.com is a community run project giving users the ability to easily browse through tons of live wallpapers by their respective categories, tags, ratings and popularity.

Looking for feedback straight from Android Forum users, let me know how it goes!

And don't forget to vote for your favorite live wallpapers!

We now also update our website every week with a Live Wallpaper of the Week. Check it out.

If you are wondering none of them are made by us, we just promote the best live wallpapers that are available for Android.

Other than that I think most of these live wallpaper apps need these permissions to provide you with features for e.g.

Location (GPS) for Weather/News near you
Internet Access for Advertisements
SMS/Email probably for live wallpaper notification through some form (some animation?)

Still not too sure about that one, it could be phishy...

Please do tell us which wallpaper you had the issue with and we will take care of it. Thanks again for reporting the issue.

Upvote 0
If you are wondering none of them are made by us, we just promote the best live wallpapers that are available for Android.

Other than that I think most of these live wallpaper apps need these permissions to provide you with features for e.g.

Location (GPS) for Weather/News near you
Internet Access for Advertisements
SMS/Email probably for live wallpaper notification through some form (some animation?)

Still not too sure about that one, it could be phishy...

Please do tell us which wallpaper you had the issue with and we will take care of it. Thanks again for reporting the issue.

cant remember but I tried like 3 of them they all had the same issues

they had SPACE images in them

Upvote 0
These wallpapers are saying they have access to my location and emails and SMS??????

What the heck?
no thanks

If you really care about 'promoting the best' then part of that is removing ones where dodgy permissions exist. In fact its one of the most essential things that you need to do.

No wallpaper should ever be added to your site with a 'questionable' permission.

Otherwise people like me will see that a wallpaper wants my contact details and i will never visit your site again.. and the reputation of any other wallpaper i saw there will be trashed forever.

when you have reviewed all of your wallpapers, and put the new policy in place, let us know and i might visit again.

Upvote 0
If you really care about 'promoting the best' then part of that is removing ones where dodgy permissions exist. In fact its one of the most essential things that you need to do.

No wallpaper should ever be added to your site with a 'questionable' permission.

Otherwise people like me will see that a wallpaper wants my contact details and i will never visit your site again.. and the reputation of any other wallpaper i saw there will be trashed forever.

when you have reviewed all of your wallpapers, and put the new policy in place, let us know and i might visit again.

You can always sort them by rating (and even popularity) which makes it much easier to find quality live wallpapers.

We even let you sort the them by rating and popularity in their categories.

Upvote 0
You can always sort them by rating (and even popularity) which makes it much easier to find quality live wallpapers.

We even let you sort the them by rating and popularity in their categories.

Really? thats what you took from my post.

Its like you really don't care about security... or even running your site responsibly?

shame on you....

Upvote 0
Just read about this one on Android Police today. Pixel Fleet Lite (the full version is easily worth the 99 cents, but the topic is for free live wallpaper).

Got the full version and it got me to at least temporarily switch from my Aquarium Live Wallpaper, which also has a free version but is easily worth the 99 cents for the full one.

And neither of them have any special permissions.

Reactions: LiveWallpapers
Upvote 0
Just read about this one on Android Police today. Pixel Fleet Lite (the full version is easily worth the 99 cents, but the topic is for free live wallpaper).

Got the full version and it got me to at least temporarily switch from my Aquarium Live Wallpaper, which also has a free version but is easily worth the 99 cents for the full one.

And neither of them have any special permissions.

That looks friggin awesome... Thanks a bunch!

Going straight to my phone and the website.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones