• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Free Music Player?

If I may latch on to this thread please, I only need a simple music player but I have searched this forum together with many reviews and cannot find one to suit me. I would be very grateful if anyone can suggest an app with the following please:

• 1. Playlists which do not just repeat the first track
  • 2. Ability to shuffle playlists
  • 3. Album art
  • 4. Lyrics displayed (As track plays would be great but I don’t know if this is possible?)
  • 5. No adverts
  • 6. No ability for app to make phone calls or use camera (as Cloudskipper does)
  • 7. Ability to sync music and playlists with PC useful but not essential
Many thanks for your suggestions

Upvote 0
If I may latch on to this thread please, I only need a simple music player but I have searched this forum together with many reviews and cannot find one to suit me. I would be very grateful if anyone can suggest an app with the following please:

• 1. Playlists which do not just repeat the first track
  • 2. Ability to shuffle playlists
  • 3. Album art
  • 4. Lyrics displayed (As track plays would be great but I don

Upvote 0
Been testing a lot of Free Apps lately mainly because I am looking for widgets that fit my current theme and I settled for MixZing for now because of a nice combination of music quality and nice interface. I had WinAmp a close second among free players but the minimalistic design of MixZing's widgets won me over. I do hate the ads that pop up for 5 seconds every now and then in the app, but I'll be controlling the music primarily from the widget anyway.

Reactions: pixaro
Upvote 0
Been testing a lot of Free Apps lately mainly because I am looking for widgets that fit my current theme and I settled for MixZing for now because of a nice combination of music quality and nice interface. I had WinAmp a close second among free players but the minimalistic design of MixZing's widgets won me over. I do hate the ads that pop up for 5 seconds every now and then in the app, but I'll be controlling the music primarily from the widget anyway.

You are right. MixZing and WinAmp are the best free music players. I also use MixZing Media player now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones