1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root best FREE way to max out my TB's Audio Volume?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CleveRuse, Apr 7, 2011.

1. CleveRuse

CleveRuse Newbie
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Crappy Job
    Imperial, PA
    i realize i could likely find wat im look'n 4 if i did some serious search'n but my PC,s super slow n im look'n 4 something free n specific to this phone(if it makes a diff.) any LINKS or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
    Note: ive never PUSHED b4 (n again a LINK would be helpful) but i'll figure it out (ADB's already set up-i did a little homework:))
    Oh, i'm mostly concerned w/ Media Vol. but also in notifications

Advertisement

2. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 3, 2010
    Automotive Electrical Technician / Mechanic
    I'm a drifter.. here and there.
    Quick Settings in the market is best for this.

CleveRuse likes this.
  3. ridobe

ridobe Guest
    None
    Yeah, when I installed sound manager from the market I noticed the "media volume" was automatically set at 50%. Jack that up and it makes all the difference in the world.

Sleepin in CA, CleveRuse and Padron26 like this.
  4. CleveRuse

CleveRuse Newbie
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Crappy Job
    Imperial, PA
    thanks guys but i already tried maxing STOCK vol. settings n apparently the prob. is headphones w/ resistance ratings above 16 ohms (like many high end headphones typacally are) just aren't tolerated well w/ this fone (n possibly all or most android devices) STUPID huh?
    anyway (i just did a little research n while wat i just stated is true, to b precice its not b cuz of the resistance but b cuz of the Sensitivity. High resistance HP's(most high end HP's) also tend to be low Sensitivty, n the lower the Sensitivity, the more power the speakers need to be pushed to meet peak volume, ie: the fone isnt set to be powerful enough n thus needs a little "PUSH". [NOTE:i just edited this n substituted wat used to read Impedance w/ Sensitivity (apparently resistance n impedance are the same?or similar?-yeah i'm still just learning as i type) so if you're re-reading this that was the change-sorry]
    So unless someone posts specific instruction's to be pushed thru "ADB" or "term. emulater" soon i'll embark on this mission myself n post my most likely perilous results afterward.(i am very determined -sometimes to a fault- so if any more skilled n able would like to spare me the likely misfotune of haste it would be much appreciated.
    EDIT:tho i do stiil plan on figuring this out its prob. more prudent to buy the lower ohm (16 or less HP's) as they will likely also have a Higher Sensitivity-check 1st-most phones put out about 5mW's of power so any HP,s w/ sensitivity of 100 dB/mW will sound loud enough(Verizon sells "JAW BREAKERS"-$20-$30-sound fine to me-maybe not as much range as my $40+ Sony's but its hard to compare w/ the vol. diff. n the bass differance (my brother uses the bass ones)

5. L4cer8

L4cer8 Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    I use my Audio Technica ATH A700's with powerAmp. I've found just using the SRS mode boosts the volume and sound quality to be very effective on devices with a wide frequency spectrum (mine are 5-35,000 Hz with a sensitivity of 102 dB/mW). This phone plays uncompressed audio remarkably.

6. MarkR

MarkR Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    L4cer8 what is SRS mode and how do I change it?

7. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Seattle

Your trying to drive high end / 16ohm or higher headphones with no amp on this phone... wow.

Go to head-fi and do some research.. Anybody that knows about high end headphones knows that you need more power than a phone or a portable mp3 player to drive 16ohm headphones. I have an extensive collection of headphones that would and could never be properly driven by a portable without an amp.

Bitching about the phone, lol.

8. Bramsy

Bramsy Android Expert
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    Awsome-o
    Birmingham, MI
    OP can u please type in English..... kinda hard to read. :)

lgldrgdlr and McLabia like this.
  9. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 3, 2010
    Automotive Electrical Technician / Mechanic
    I'm a drifter.. here and there.
    Volume Boost by Kibohely in the market works VERY well on the Thunderbolt. It only works for the line out/headphones but it makes a very noticeable difference!

10. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    I noticed once you increase the volumes for like the notification an and all you can uninstall the app if you dont want it and it will keep the volumes where you left them.

11. Jerzboi

Jerzboi Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010
  12. Sleepin in CA

Sleepin in CA Lurker
    None

May 13, 2011
    Beach Bum
    California
    It really does. I use it soley for that purpose. Why htc would limit the volume so low is beyond me. The speakers on the phone can handle a much larger volume setting.