1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best free wifi calling app (NOT Talkatone)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Rgarner, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I don't why it keeps saying that it's not connected to the server and try again later. I would toss it entirely except it's got phone numbers, conversations, photos, etc. Would it be possible to find a better choice and maybe transfer these things to it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Rgarner and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

For true WiFi calling, you must have a carrier that has WiFi calling, and a compatible phone. No carriers around here offer WiFi calling.

There are other services that allow you to make phone calls over the internet, e.g. Skype, and WhatsApp.

MrJavi, Rgarner and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Kattedjiron

Kattedjiron Lurker

Believe me, it is much more profitable to make online calls. My parents live in America, so calling through the app is very convenient. For me, it is very important to clearly hear the voice of the interlocutor and get a good signal. Thanks to http://freetring.com application, I get a good signal quality and the call is not interrupted. In the apps I used before, there were often problems with notifications, but now there is no such problem. I don't understand why you need to spend money if you can communicate online, the main thing is to have an Internet connection.

#4 Kattedjiron, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    puppykickr and Rgarner like this.
  5. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

I have been using Dingtone for years, and as long as I have a good internet connection it works fine.

I believe it is affiliated with the app you mentioned.

Did you have problems with it?
    If so, what were the issues?