1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Best GB Roms?? (Been Away For Awhile)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Barats, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Barats

Barats Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    Been away from the Evo community for a good while and now heard from a friend at a party last night that she updated to GB. I'm like wow I am way behind. I had no idea the Evo would get it, as I thought it was only for tablets but guess not.

So since I am rooted and will not do it via OTA obviously, what are the best GB roms out there that are stable?

I have been using MikFroyo and MikRoms as of late. Do these guys have any GB based roms?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Drew5150

Drew5150 Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    SF
    honeycomb is what you are thinking of for tablets.

gingerbread was released on the 3rd for manual updates, sprint will push auto updates on monday.

there aren't very many custom roms yet. pretty much just the stock rooted rom. I would expect rom developers to release and update a few versions over the next couple of weeks. so stay tuned.

since your on mikfroyo, as am I, you should visit themikmik.com for future releases of mikroms.

have you seen this theMikMik.com • View forum - MikGinger Htc Sense 2.1 info, Screen Shots and Download Links a very interesting mix of the desire z, hd and evo gingerbread roms ;)

3. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    There are alot of leaked/ported roms based on 2.3.3. Some have sense and some are aosp. CM7 roms are stable and have everything working for the most part. I have been running Kings GB R2 for 6 weeks or so and love it. I just flashed the newest MikG release which is 2.3 with sense 2.1. It is very clean and works well, though I am not a fan of Sense so might not stay with it long.

Tags: