• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best headphones for sgs3 max to 60$

do not get sony earbuds, internally the wiring is bad
you should take a look at this thread for IEM (earbuds) as it will give you better insight
Multi-IEM Review - 249 IEMs compared (Final Audio FI-BA-SB and FI-BA-SA added 08/03/12)

Lucky for us S3 users samsung used their brain and now use the same pinout as htc/apple and every other manufacturer so you shouldnt have a problem

Im an audiphile, used to have some sennheiser cx300s but they broke so i needed some good ones that could match them for the same price but had a mic.
i got these
MEElectronics M6P over-the-ear sports earphone with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

they only have a answer/end call button however they can be used to start stop and forward music. with poweramp you can also set it to tap so you can double tap for forward and triple tap for backward

Reactions: davoid and SUroot
Upvote 0
do not get sony earbuds, internally the wiring is bad
you should take a look at this thread for IEM (earbuds) as it will give you better insight
Multi-IEM Review - 249 IEMs compared (Final Audio FI-BA-SB and FI-BA-SA added 08/03/12)

Lucky for us S3 users samsung used their brain and now use the same pinout as htc/apple and every other manufacturer so you shouldnt have a problem

Im an audiphile, used to have some sennheiser cx300s but they broke so i needed some good ones that could match them for the same price but had a mic.
i got these
MEElectronics M6P over-the-ear sports earphone with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

they only have a answer/end call button however they can be used to start stop and forward music. with poweramp you can also set it to tap so you can double tap for forward and triple tap for backward

My cx300 are on the way out too. Public transport grrr

Upvote 0
I've heard that Klipsch Image S4i for android are your safest bet for best headphones within a reasonable price range. Klipsch have been around for awhile so im gonna give these a shot if I get new ones. A Klipsch app is in the play store as well. Supposedly it gives you "full control" over the headphone control buttons.

Let me know if anyone tries them out!

Upvote 0
Wow.. just noticed u guys are talking about sennheisers... never would've thought they'd make android headphones.. They make the most epic cans of all-time HD-25. Have been using these for the past 10 years to DJ and they are still like new and cannot be beaten when it comes to sound clarity/quality and durability. True studio quality. I'd recommend sennheisers to anybody.

Upvote 0
Without a doubt you might want to consider these:

Amazon.com: Creative WP-350 Pure Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Invisible Mic: Electronics

They support aptX over A2DP which is lossless. The S3 is one the first phones on the market that supports aptX. I've been using them for several weeks and they rival many Senheissers, Grados, and Sony studio monitor headphones over the years. I've owned headphones in the $1000+ range and these are extraordinary given the price. They are also have a decent mike and full bt controls for media.

Upvote 0
How long hve you guys had your cx300's my 400's went funny and I sent them back got new ones from sennheiser as they come with a 2 year warranty :)

Also my cx400's are awesome. Would suggest them but no phone controls.

Nah mines not a warranty issue. Mines user damage. I still use them, just adjust the balance

Upvote 0
Without a doubt you might want to consider these:

Amazon.com: Creative WP-350 Pure Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Invisible Mic: Electronics

They support aptX over A2DP which is lossless. The S3 is one the first phones on the market that supports aptX. I've been using them for several weeks and they rival many Senheissers, Grados, and Sony studio monitor headphones over the years. I've owned headphones in the $1000+ range and these are extraordinary given the price. They are also have a decent mike and full bt controls for media.

Why on gods earth would you ever spend more than

Upvote 0
For wired yes, but they are *really* good for bluetooth and as good as a lot of wired sets out there. The first aptX headphones I tried were the $400 Sennheiser mm500X and they were truly aweful. Really harsh and exaggerated trebble and no base at all. I'm not a base junky but I like a flat response for natural sound. I listen to a lot of acoustic guitar and piano.

What's really shocking about the creative is that the next step up is the WP-450 and they also sound amazingly bad. In fact, if you get the 350s and put your fingers over the tuned ports, this is exactly what the 450s sound like.
i must say, i dont have experience with wireless bluetooth headsets so i cant really make comment on this. So your take in this is very valid and shouldnt be ignored for that reason.

I was comparing to wired as i prefer direct audo from DAC without any other changes or enhancements. having said that you have done your testing and found the cheaper one better than the next one up which is interesting.

Upvote 0
i must say, i dont have experience with wireless bluetooth headsets so i cant really make comment on this. So your take in this is very valid and shouldnt be ignored for that reason.

I was comparing to wired as i prefer direct audo from DAC without any other changes or enhancements. having said that you have done your testing and found the cheaper one better than the next one up which is interesting.

The whole point of aptX is that it's direct without any loss. Playing ripped CDS at 320Kbps with wired headphones, the S3 will use it's dacs and amps to drive the headphones directly. With aptX headphones, the intermediate PCM generated from decompressing mp3 is sent directly to the headphones and *its* dacs do the decoding. So with aptx headphones, your at the mercy of the quality of dacs, analog output section, physical drivers, and the tuned enclosure. The last two items being the equivalent of wired headphones.

Without aptX over A2DP, your pretty much stuck with SBC (SubBand Codec). Even with a bitpool value of 53 which results in a bitstream of 389Kbps or so, it's compressed and lossy but still sounds decent. Unfortunately, the S3 uses a bitpool of 31 which results in unacceptable compression. My previous bt headphones Sony DR-BT50's sounded decent with my droidx but are awful with the S3.

Upvote 0
The whole point of aptX is that it's direct without any loss. Playing ripped CDS at 320Kbps with wired headphones, the S3 will use it's dacs and amps to drive the headphones directly. With aptX headphones, the intermediate PCM generated from decompressing mp3 is sent directly to the headphones and *its* dacs do the decoding. So with aptx headphones, your at the mercy of the quality of dacs, analog output section, physical drivers, and the tuned enclosure. The last two items being the equivalent of wired headphones.

Without aptX over A2DP, your pretty much stuck with SBC (SubBand Codec). Even with a bitpool value of 53 which results in a bitstream of 389Kbps or so, it's compressed and lossy but still sounds decent. Unfortunately, the S3 uses a bitpool of 31 which results in unacceptable compression. My previous bt headphones Sony DR-BT50's sounded decent with my droidx but are awful with the S3.

thats actually really interesting. so basically the creatives dacs, and enclosure are superior to its more expensive brother!!!

Upvote 0
I little on the weak side, but I have had mine for over a year and wrap them around a case with my iPod in my pocket, plus cut grass with them on. Best sounding buds for the money.

BTW, the GS3 is the first phone that makes me not feel the need to lug my iPod 4 around as well. Same great sound quality. Just wish some of the great games that are not on Android- were.

Good thing the iPod is small :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones