1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

best headphones?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by finnaginagain, Mar 15, 2010.

1. finnaginagain

finnaginagain Android Enthusiast

I need some for my new droid which should i get? i only want in ear buds

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

budget?

3. finnaginagain

finnaginagain Android Enthusiast

100 bucks max

4. Trident

Trident Android Expert

I like Skullcandy earphones, personally. Right now, I have their 11mm Full Metal Jacket earphones in chrome. They have all around good sound and the metal housing is a nice feature. The earphones also include a mute button and a microphone which both work with nicely with the Droid. I bought them for around $55 in the airport, but it looks like Amazon is selling them for just over $40 (see above attached link)!

5. tachnician199

tachnician199 Newbie

I like the Sony MDR-EX51LP. Got my girlfriend a pair too and she also likes them. Were a good deal at $30. This was a couple years ago, hope they still make them.

6. ssantan2

ssantan2 Android Enthusiast

I suggest some UE's. you can find some really good ones for $100 bucks, I bought some metroFi-170 for $50 at best buy but BB always over charges there stuff

7. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Android Enthusiast

second ultimate ears...they have regular headphones or ones that have a mic for taking calls...70ish...metrofi! noise cancelling and great bass response.

8. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

9. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Lurker

Klipsch S4I would be my personal favorite.

10. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

Bose In ear.

11. blackops

blackops Well-Known Member

I use a pair of JBUDS J3Micro's. They provide good bass and good sound for a pretty good price, and before that i used Koss.

12. ninjoblio

ninjoblio Newbie

I was looking for some general use headphones 4-5 months ago and ended up being really impressed with how the Sony MDR-EX300

13. Dem1K

Dem1K Newbie

Etymotic ER-6i over here... they're in ear isolators and they're awesome!

14. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

My main earbuds are the V-Moda Vibes but apparently the newer revisions (I got them when they first came out) sound like crap. I would recommend against certain brands: Bose, cause their stuff is good, but far too expensive. If you're willing to spend a lot of money, they'll sound good, but you can get far better at cheaper prices; Skullcandy. After hearing a few of their models, you'll realize they're basically $5 headphones with a paint job that apparently cost about $50. It's also next-to-impossible to find a retailer that will let you listen to Skullcandies without buying the item (I guess they all know it sounds like crap?); Monster. Basically, the Beats by Dre are several hundreds of dollars worth of overpowered bass response and wispy higher ends. I can't speak for the earbud version of the Beats, but my expectations are not high.

Now that I'm done talking about sub-par headphones, Dem1K is correct. Etymotic makes very good earbuds, as does Ultimate Ears (suggested a few posts up by a few members). Read this topic for more information.

Finally, and this is the most important aspect of buying headphones; either buy from a place with a full-refund return policy, or go to a local store like J&R and sample headphones. I only buy from J&R because of their open sampling area and the return policy; you don't know how many different headphones I went through before I found myself satisfied with the SR-80i. People might be able to make recommendations, but your ears are not like anyone else's; you have to determine what sound you like for yourself.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews