1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

best home replacement

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by andrewreiss18, Jan 8, 2011.

1. andrewreiss18

andrewreiss18 Newbie
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    i just got the HTC Droid Incredible and want to know the best home replacement for it.

Advertisement

2. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    I like launcher pro

3. Kaessa

Kaessa Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Female
    Disabled
    Colorado
    I like LauncherPro Plus, but I've just started using ADW and I like how quick it is. Thinking about trying ADW EX, I've heard many good things about it.

darkrequiem likes this.
  4. enigma83

enigma83 Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    GO Launcher is amazing

I had Launcher Pro Plus for a loooong time , and changed to Go recently. It is unbelievable has so many options , easy to customise , its free and super fast - give it a go

Droidn00b, rumcajsz and Mayhem like this.
  5. alamoe

alamoe Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 22, 2009
    ADW Launcher EX is the best right now. The different desktop scrolling effects are awesome!

6. paulmz

paulmz Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Graphic Web Designer @ maurices.com
    Duluth, MN
    I have been using LauncherPro since October of last year.

I think it is the absolute best thing I have done to my phone. It's quick, it's easy, it's free, and it allows for much more customization.

(I was thinking of trying the new GO Launcher becuase it has been getting really good reviews, but it apparently lacks some customization things that I specifically use in LauncherPro - like customizing the dock.)

Droidn00b likes this.
  7. Dschlitz

Dschlitz Newbie
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    I use launcher pro, but I am still fairly new at this. I like the custom options and the 3 scrollable docks...which I use all of. I might try a new one for the hell of it since customizing is a blast. I recommend the same to you unless if you find customizing to be a burden....enjoy!

8. th1969

th1969 Newbie
    None

Nov 1, 2010
    I like using Launcher Pro. It is easy to customize the icons and docks. I have tried other launcher but always go back to launcher pro

9. camsdroid

camsdroid Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    begining chef
    texas
    adw lanch ex is my fav so far very customizable and i enjoy the ability to swipe a direction on the screen to do anything u set it as.

10. violentlyseren

None

Jan 12, 2011
    Student, office admin/tutor/ta
    PNW, US
    I used launcher pro plus. It's my choice after going through several other launchers. It could use some improvements (nothing comes to mind now so they definitely aren't serious for me). The dock customization is especially nice.

11. Syrenz32

Syrenz32 Newbie
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    Have been LPP user for ages. Right now I'm figuring out what I want though. While LPP is great when it's working, it takes time for the widgets and screen to load and it does so every single time I leave my browser or most apps. It slows me down so badly, even if it is awesome while it works. Go Launcher seems to be smoother (but does also occasionally redraw screen after leaving apps) and have some cool options. Zeam so far has overall seemed the smoothest and not given me any lag at all when going in and out of apps to homescreen. Still testing.

LP is in the process of getting a big rewrite so there should be a bunch of improvements there when it comes I hope.

12. enigma83

enigma83 Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    GO Launcher also supports dock customisation... I use all the docks i downloaded for launcher pro..they fit perfectly.
    Apart from the Launcherpro plus widgets I have not found anything GO cant do that LP did..infact there is more. ...you can hide icon names in the app drawer as well as home screen...you can have diff wallpapers for home screen & app drawer, you can drag apps on top of each other and make folders iphone style...

I cant praise GO launcher enough ( That many user comments on the Market do not lie ) I also cant believe its free

Droidn00b likes this.
  13. genuser

genuser Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    Haven't tried Go, but love ADW. Fast, incredibly flexible. I never have issues. Supports scrollable widgets which are great for calendar.

14. DesireMe

DesireMe Android Expert
    None

May 20, 2010
    Poker
    Strathaven
    You can fully customise the dock with Go, the same as LP. Have upto 3 docks, change dock, icons, includes swipe actions on dock too.

Differences i've found are that with Go you can resize the widgets, which you have to pay for on LP, but you don't have any of the widgets (facebook etc) on Go that you get with the payable LP+.

15. DesireMe

DesireMe Android Expert
    None

May 20, 2010
    Poker
    Strathaven
    New version of Go allows scrollable widgets too. ;)

rumcajsz likes this.
  16. redraptor

redraptor Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    "Fish dude" at PetSmart, Best Buy Mobile Sales Ass
    Much too far from the waves
    ADW EX is my absolute FAVORITE. It (helped) make my Galaxy S incredibly fast and I love the screen transistions. I like Launcher Pro, but I never warmed up to it like I did ADW.

17. Syrenz32

Syrenz32 Newbie
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    With LauncherPro getting homescreen transitions tomorrow and gmail widget next week, I'm pretty excited.

18. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    The update for the transitions is already out!

19. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    another vote for LP+

20. cattyn20

cattyn20 Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    HI , I just recently got an epad and am looking to change the theme. I can't seem to find any of these launchers on the maket though, can anyone help me find it ?

21. fluxbox

fluxbox Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Director of IT / Software Development
    For all intents and purposes, I have LPP Plus, but i can say this, i have used the ADW Ex and it's fast, however when it comes to my battery tests that i have been running as of late....ADW uses more w/ it's interface along with active widgets. Whereas in LPP i don't have this issue at all. I'm still on my 004 Hardware Revision EVO from June 5th, day after launch, and i'm still averaging about 40-42 hrs on a full charge , with average use, (exchange 2007 Push, gmail, weather, few other things and good calls during the day)
    As for right now, I'm Sticking with LPP, but Go is looking promising as it evolves. I have tested it, and am satisfied so far, however until i see it performing with ADW and LPP, those 2 are the tops right now.

LPP+ for my vote.

and Minimalistic widget to compliment

22. JaeWeb

JaeWeb Well-Known Member
    None

I love *Spark Home Launcher. Its not customizable as far of the UI but i love it. I don't use multiple screens as most of you do, I like just one screen. It may not be for everyone, but its the best fit for me :)

HipLogic

23. stormbeta

stormbeta Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    Launcher Pro Plus.

I tried Go Launcher, and didn't like it as much, plus I use the LP widgets and I like being able to resize widgets.
    I don't have any problems with the LP widget update speed, though I'm on a G2 so it's a pretty fast phone.

24. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    I use LP+ most of the time but I really like the screen transitions in Live Home. The Cubed and Page Turn are cool to watch. The transitions in LP+ that came out with latest update are dull compared with Live Home. But the drawback is no customization of the dock in Live Home. If that comes in the future, I most likely will shelve LP+. I will try the Go Launcher though.

25. stanlalee

stanlalee Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    of what I've tried:

4. free ADW- slowest and least smooth. hidden dock and many market themes I liked.

3. LPP-only feature it has I used over LP was resizing ONE widget. used no included widgets (hell I'd have kept HTC sense if I wanted sense widgets), twice the file size and pay. for me no usable advantage over regular LP. new LP update with screen transitions last I checked wasn't done for LPP. seems like the people who paid should get the updates first.

2. updated LP- smooth as LP has always been. same old LP with cool transitions although they are all exactly the same as ADW Ex with different names. Gonna take more than some widgets and screen transitions for LP or LPP to keep pace with ADW Ex or Go Launcher.

1. ADW Ex- faster, way more options than LP and more useful updates with added features in one month than LPP has added since existance. smallest file size. not quite as smooth as LP/LPP but smooth enough. hidden dock with swipe gestures WAY cooler than scrolling dock. Additionally the same custom docks that work on LP fit perfectly on ADW Ex (not to mention the custom ones included). you can still use the docks you have from LP or 100s that has been made for LP.