1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best ICS Rom for Evo??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nathan2112, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Nathan2112

Nathan2112 Well-Known Member

What is the best, most working and functional, ICS Rom for the Evo as of right now?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Nathan2112 likes this.
  3. Nathan2112

Okay, it looks good. Do you think this Rom is better than MikG 3.11? Leaving out the 4G because I really don't use it that much.

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

No its probably not better than MikG 3.11, but you asked for ICS :D

None of the ICS ROMS are going to be nearly as polished as mik or tommy's roms

5. Nathan2112

Okay and would I flash this Rom the same way I flashed MikG? And what all do I wipe before flashing this?

6. lltalentzll

lltalentzll Newbie

You have to wipe: dalvik cache, cache, and data
    I suggest using superwipe as well. It is a .zip file that will wipe everything that is needs to be wiped. I always run it twice just to be sure. Just put the zip file on the root of your sdcard and use the same steps that would be used to flash a rom. Superwipe.zip

Yes, you would flash that Rom the same way you did MikG. Boot into Recovery>Flash zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard>Select the Rom's .zip file.
    Assuming you use AmonRa.

frenchy714 and Nathan2112 like this.
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Check out the fixes in the thread for things you should flash.

Anytime you install a new ROM your going to want to do a full wipe. Wipe everything except for SD card (wipe SD-EXT & SD-android.secure), flash superwipe, flash the ROM, flash the kernel, flash everything else). Let it sit for around 10 minutes before playing iwth it once its booted up.

dkl1 and Nathan2112 like this.
  8. Nathan2112

Oh and before I do this, how do I restore all my apps with Titanium Backup? And can you give me a link that is the latest/best version of this Rom?

9. Nathan2112

10. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Here is a link to RX'x thread about the ics rom he was talking about. Don't know if a new version dropped yesterday or not. http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/531349-rom-miui-v4-4-0-4-2-4-13-ics.html

As far as using TB, do you have the pro version? You can do batch operations with it.

you don't want to use it to back up any system app, those are in red. You use it to backup your user apps and data. You do that BEFORE you flash the new rom. :)

Should be after you have made a nandroid too.

Tb is supposed to be able to make a zip of itself you can flash after you flash the new rom that restores the app itself, that you can then use to restore the apps you previously saved.

I can't ever get it to work though, so I used Appsaver to save a copy of the tb and tb pro apks. When I get ready to restore tb, I just use a file manager to browse to the appsaver folder and there they are! I select them and am given the option to install them. Then I use it to restore my apps.

Let us know if you need more specific instruction as to using tb itself in the backup process.

Nathan2112 likes this.
  11. Nathan2112

Sorry, I am still new to this but what I think your saying is that I can flash a zip that tb (free version) makes and will restore all of my apps that I backed up with the app? Or should I just use appsaver and just back up all my apps through there and use a file explorer?

12. dustwun77

sorry I wasn't clear. :D

Tb saves your apps and data for you. But after you flash a rom, you have to have to have tb on the rom to get to what you have saved with tb.

tb makes a zip to restore tb itself, but I have never been able to make work. Just dumb I guess. :)

That is what i use appsaver for, to have tb on my card so i can restore it/ install it, with the file manager app.

Tb free will just let you backup or restore 1 app at a time. Pro lets you do a bunch at a time.

Nathan2112 likes this.
  13. Nathan2112

Okay lol I got it this time:D
    Should I also install the kernal below the download link with this Rom as well? If so should I flash both of them at the same time or seperately? Could I also just use app saver instead? Or would it be better to do it the way you do it with tb? And lastly, what link should I use, the one that says "MIUI V4 4.0.4 2/4/13 DUAL SIGNAL BARS" or "DOWNLOAD MIUI 2.4.6"? Thanks.

dustwun77 likes this.
  14. dustwun77

let me check

15. dustwun77

from xda

"How to install

1) Download ROM, place on SD
    2) Make a backup of current set up
    3) Wipe /data, /system, /cache, /boot partitions
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash ICS kernel (optional)
    6) Reboot"

That is a great kernel, I'd flash it. same session.

I used to just use appsaver, can't do batch with free version either.

I like tb and tb pro. I just use appsaver to save the tb apks cause I can't get the tb restore zip to ever work.

Nathan2112 likes this.
  16. Nathan2112

Which download is the Rom though? Is it "MIUI V4 4.0.4 2/4/13 DUAL SIGNAL BARS" or "DOWNLOAD MIUI 2.4.6"? Sorry I just don't know which one is the actual Rom...

17. dustwun77

Looks like the one on top has the 2 signal bars. It is cool.

Looks like you could do either one, it describes the features for both of them.

18. dustwun77

Be sure you check out Rx's post. He has given tips you need to know and some links to fixes you will want too.

regarding Tb, as you may know, you can do more with it than back stuff up. you can use the pro version to freeze apps you want to remove but aren't sure what effect deleting them will have.

After they have been frozen for a while without problem, you can use tb to uninstall them too.

19. patrickt80

patrickt80 Lurker

So I rooted my phone 2 days ago and installed Cyanogen mod 7. Loved it, except last night my voicemail notifications stopped. was getting "V30-voicemails will be delivered when data service is available." I was still able to get into all my apps (FB, google+, espn, etc) so I figured it was just a hiccup. Called sprint, they said it was an outage in the area. So this morning, I had NO service. No apps loading, no 3g icons across the top. Called sprint again, spent an hour w/their "tech support" trouble shooting. They didn't even ask me if my phone was rooted/running a ROM and couldn't get why my menu options were different. They were going to mail me out a new phone(well, a replacement EVO4G), so while she was doing that, I used Clockwork Recovery MOD and put my phone back on the HTC ROM. Boom, data and everything works fine now. (sorry for the long explanation, i'm a noob and want to make sure I get everything out for the best response).

Now, my question is, what is the best ROM that I should run? b/c apparently there was something wrong with the Cyanogen Mod 7 that I had due to all these issues since I installed it. Like I said, I just rooted and CM7 was the first one I'd done. It took me about 2 1/2 days to root, so be gentle with your instructions/reccomendations :)

Thanks!

20. dustwun77

patrickt80, Nathan2112 and Rxpert83 like this.
  21. Nathan2112

Okay I just got done flashing the Miui ICS Rom and I must say I really like it so far. It is a lot different then most Rom's which is why I really like and its ICS:D And is there anything that I should know about Miui? Also to patrickt80, I had MikG 3.11 before this rom and it is a great Rom.

22. Nathan2112

Also in my notification bar, I have a voicemail icon and when I press it, it calls my voice but then I get a weird voice with some kind of error code?? Any ideas to what is causing this or how to fix this?

23. dustwun77

Rxpert83 and Nathan2112 like this.
  24. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The update isnt coming out till tomorrow. Fergie is busy with philanthropy at school so swiper can't port till they get their ROM up first

Nathan2112 and dustwun77 like this.
  25. Nathan2112

I see an app on called updater on Miui... can I use that app to update the ROM with out having to flash the new updated one?

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews