• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best ICS Rom for Evo??

I see an app on called updater on Miui... can I use that app to update the ROM with out having to flash the new updated one?

No, these aren't official MIUI releases so the app won't know where to get it from. You can try wiping dalvik cache and cache and flashing the Rom over the other one so you don't lose data but nandroid first because it may not work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: Nathan2112
Upvote 0
One option is to use either the COD tweaks or Smurf tweaks. Have you flashed the mason kernel?

The laggyness should take care of itself.

Also, the nice thing about MIUI is there is a themes app where people from all over the world upload their themes. They're working on making it fully functional for our non-officially supported phones soon. There are other themes out there. You'll have to check the original thread on Xda

Upvote 0
Okay I got the usb storage working and I downloaded the voice mail app but my voice mail notification is still there... is there a way to get this off? And I am about to flash that kernal...

Okay I got the usb storage working and I downloaded the voice mail app but my voice mail notification is still there... is there a way to get this off? And I am about to flash that kernal...
Any ideas on how to fix this voice mail issue? And I flashed the kernal...

??

Upvote 0
I'm really not sure as I haven't experienced any voicrmail issues. There is a fix for a ghost voicemail resulting from having a new voicemail when you had your old dumb phone and then switching to the EVO without checking it. The fix involves switching your phone back to the old dumb phone and checking voicemails and then switching back.

It can all be done online.

Upvote 0
Its okay, no big deal... I had an evo shift before this and a Samsung moment before that so I don't think that is the problem because I just got it when I flashed this rom. Its no big deal anyway. Is there any word on that update for miui? I'm thinking about switching back to mikg 3.11... is there another sense 3.0 roms that you would recommend?

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Sense 3.0 =mik3d.

There's the 4.20 update it but with miui thetesan update every Friday so I would just wait rill tomorrow or sat for it to drop

Welcome to the world of waiting on builds to be built, I wouldn't set your clock for any build because that's one thing that makes a developer mad, eta's. When it's released, be happy:D

Upvote 0
Okay but I thought that Mik3d Is only for the evo 3d... is it for the regular evo also?

It is. There should be a link to the file in the Roms and Downloads link. I think it was up to RC1.

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?9555-Mik3D-RC1-10-31-2011

There is also the Team-Nocturnals 3d rom which as of just a couple of weeks ago it was still being developed.

(ROM)(2-28-2012) Team-Nocturnal Presents Shooter E3D Port.Bravia Engine 4G RLS5.4 up - xda-developers

This is also a new 3D rom just released.

[ROM][4/19/12] Derp3D - Pure Sense 3.0! Intense >:D - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones