• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best ICS Rom for Evo??

i like decks 1.3 /1.3d . After is flashed and running for about 5-10, then i flash a sbc tiamat kernel (longer battery life) HTC Evo 4G

( 4.1.0sbc) -gingerbread

(always wipe cache and dalvik cache in recovery before/after flashing kernel in recovery)

gingerbread-evo-deck-1.3d.zip (in case the link is broken)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for ics (all ics roms beta or pre-beta) but thus far i like miui ics [ROM][MIUI v4 4.0.4] 2.4.27 - xda-developers

Decks ICS is good as well (hwa) Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service'

if you change the kernels, make sure its for ics when using ics rom

tiamat ics kernels (dont use the other tiamat kernels other then listed here)

Tiamat_Supersonic-sbc-v031412
Tiamat_Supersonic-v031412

Mason kernels
[KERNEL][WIP] Mason kernel for supersonic v0.14 - xda-developers

what is 'sbc' in the kernel name? what is the difference?

Upvote 0
SBC = Superior Battery Charging...short story, your phone has a code in it to stop allowing charge when battery gets to 100%, so the phone keeps charging and stopping between like 100 and 99%..thats why you see an initial drop off in charge when you unplug. SBC allows a virtually steady flow into the battery, so you wont see that initial drop off.

Theme changer runs by .apk files...download a cm7 theme from the market, and it will show up there for you to apply...very easy!

Upvote 0
Just to clarify, the phone will normally charge to 100% and then stop charging untill it reaches 90%, at which point it will start charging again. It does this to protect the battery. During this entire time the light will be green and the battery will show a 100% charge. So when you take it off of the charger there is usually a 10% drop off while the battery % catches up to where the actual battery is.

SBC charges the battery a little past 100% and keeps it there.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify, the phone will normally charge to 100% and then stop charging untill it reaches 90%, at which point it will start charging again. It does this to protect the battery. During this entire time the light will be green and the battery will show a 100% charge. So when you take it off of the charger there is usually a 10% drop off while the battery % catches up to where the actual battery is.

SBC charges the battery a little past 100% and keeps it there.

wont that hurt the battery

Upvote 0
There was a lot of worry about battery damage or explosions when it first starting coming out, but its been out for a long time and the only real issue is that over time the battery *might* wear out faster. But this isnt really a problem because you can get new batteries very cheap.

I use it and really enjoy it. The battery lasts a few hours longer

Upvote 0
There was a lot of worry about battery damage or explosions when it first starting coming out, but its been out for a long time and the only real issue is that over time the battery *might* wear out faster. But this isnt really a problem because you can get new batteries very cheap.

I use it and really enjoy it. The battery lasts a few hours longer

I use SBC all the time and it has never caused me any problems

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
What is fso? And I have also seen either hwa or what can't remember which. What does that mean?

ok so here are some posts in the mason kernel thread as far as what fso (file sync off) is:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [KERNEL][WIP] Mason kernel for supersonic v0.14
xda-developers - View Single Post - [KERNEL][WIP] Mason kernel for supersonic v0.14

it is just a script that skips some of the file management that your phone uses to make sure that all data on your phone was written correctly.

and hwa stands for hardware accelereation. with ics since it is really made for phones that have a better processor then the evo, hardware acceleration is needed to otherwise the ics rom will be very laggy and slow.

Upvote 0
Okay so I really like thomas evo deck rom but I have a question about a theme that I just downloaded... So I downloaded a cm7 ice theme that looked pretty good and I applied it through the theme Chooser app that came with the rom and the theme looks good so farexcept the bottom three apps from gingerbread are still there and they wont change to ice... it shows the normal ids buttons on the bottom bit it doesnt change it, it still shows the phone, app drawer, and browser. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones