• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Best Incredible [Full] Screen Protector

It seems like the screen protector of choice for the moto droid. I got one myself to see how it is, but I'm a bit wary of the whole spray and stick process. "get25" coupon code to order on their site for 25% off and free shipping. Cheaper than amazon depending on if you pay sales tax.
Thanks for telling me AFTER I ALREADY ORDERED ONE!!! :p

I am too. I may take a piece of tape or something else and cover the speaker during application. I don't like liquids touching my phone unless it's highly concentrated (70% or more) rubbing alcohol used for cleaning.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't like to take chances and will be getting a screen protector. I'm more concerned about protecting the camera though? That thing sticks out like a sore thumb and seems like it is bound to get scratched up. I noticed the "full body" protectors from a lot of the protector sites (Zagg, Ghost Armour,...) Does anyone know if they cover the camera too?

Upvote 0
Why is everyone so worried about a screen protector. It's glass. It doesn't scratch.

Ok...

Nothing. It's pretty scratch proof imo.

You realize that facts do not care what your opinion is, right?

Totally agree with this. Screen is glass. Doesn't scratch.
Again, facts do not care whether you agree with them. And by the way, glass scratches very easily.

It wont scratch unless you really don't take care of it, its without a doubt scratch resistant.

That is absolutely not true. I baby my phones and have never had a scratch. However, things such as silicon dioxide (SiO2) will scratch the hell out of glass given if left in the pocket. And I will bet a lot of money that right now you have some SiO2 in your pocket. You know, considering it is the most abundant compound on Earth.

I think most will kick themselves for spending money on protectors, but I mean if you want that piece of mind, I'm not going to blame you.... its your phone so do what you want. I just got my incredible and WOW!!!! good luck everyone with yours. Its the same screen and everything as the incredible.

YouTube - Nexus One- Overly Excessive Screen Test

Ok, but this plays off the idea that scissors are sharp. While true, it is irrelevant. It is not sharpness that we need, but hardness. This video is of some amateur punk that thinks he has a clue in life. The reality of the situation is that kid knows nothing, and is trying to apply that lack of knowledge to an experiment.

-Nkk, who between that video and batteryboss is fed up with fake science

Upvote 0
I just got back from the mall and got the Zagg installed by the Zagg booth guy for $20.00.

He did a bang up job. I had the Invisible Shield on my old Curve 8330 and had mixed luck with it (lots of peeling up, bubbling, etc but i attribute that mostly to poor application and poor care

It looks great on the phone (similar to what the crystal clear ones from VZW look) but has a bit of tackiness to it when swiping. I don't use Swype but dont think it would be too bad for that. It does smudge just as much as the phone itself so there's no real advantage there.

Mostly i just wanted to protect the screen and not have to worry about it when it's in my pocket or if/when dropped.

I got a case too:

High Gloss Silicone Case

I have to tell you, i was going in thinking i was going to get the Holster/Shell combo case but i didnt like it, and this one came in black and when i put it on it fit perfect and covered the Volume and Power keys so crap can't get in there. Not too sticky like i thought it was going to be.

The combo protects the entire phone perfectly and i probably will be rockin this for a good while, atleast until the AFP screen from Stein comes out.

Upvote 0
I emailed Steinheil and havw not heard back. Someone on the main thread did hear back and Steinheil said they did not currently have plans to make a protector for the Inc... We'll see. If you want them to make one, email them and suggest that they do. Mention that you'd buy a few from them if they did. I'm sure they will if enough people express interest.

You couldn't be more right. I'm gonna send them a quick message myself.

Upvote 0
Zagg/Best Skins Ever (and all of the other brands that use 3M Scotchgard film) have worked perfectly for me with every touchscreen device that I've owned. It's a good balance between clarity and resilience. I'm not going to buy a screen protector that itself will get scratched and need to be replaced.

Zagg is only bad because they're expensive. If you purchase them with 50% off, then it's actually reasonable and about the same pricing as BSE.

Edit: And I've definitely had worse clarity with screen protectors from BoxWave and Brando.

Upvote 0
check out wrapsol when it comes out. I emailed them and they said a week or so and it should be out. I will be buying one once it comes out - for now i have Zagg invisashield.

Check this vid out:

YouTube - Wrapsol vs Zagg iPhone 3GS skin showdown

I was just going to say, Wrapsol is highly underrated and they make great protectors. Seems like nobody talks about them. I highly recommend them!

Upvote 0
It does not go away sorry. I dont understand why people are brainwashed into thinking ZAGG is a good screen protector. Its by far the worst you can buy.

Correct. They are the Apple, Bose & Monster of screen protectors. Brainwashed consumers thinking everything they put out is the "best". They are super, super far from it.

Upvote 0
I was just going to say, Wrapsol is highly underrated and they make great protectors. Seems like nobody talks about them. I highly recommend them!
Good to know.

The video said Zagg has problems with the side flaps, but I've had good luck using some plastic wrap around the edges while it's drying to keep the sides down until it's cured. Likewise for BSE/Phantom Skinz/Body Guardz/etc.

And I've used Invisible Shields since they were ShieldZone as well. I'd normally use BSE but they're always late to release new skins.

Upvote 0
I'm looking for a screen protector specifically for anti-glare and anti-fingerprints. I've seen people reccomend Boxwave, SGP, and Clarivue. Has anyone tried all three? Which do you like more?

Reading random reviews, I've read people complain that the SGP one makes the screen blurry and the Clarivue one has a rainbow effect. I havent found too much about the boxwave one.

Upvote 0
I'm looking for a screen protector specifically for anti-glare and anti-fingerprints. I've seen people reccomend Boxwave, SGP, and Clarivue. Has anyone tried all three? Which do you like more?

Reading random reviews, I've read people complain that the SGP one makes the screen blurry and the Clarivue one has a rainbow effect. I havent found too much about the boxwave one.
I've used the anti-glare Boxwave before, and, yes, it makes it blurry. That's pretty much how anti-glare works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones