• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best Kernel experience with Mik3.11

hove131

Aug 2, 2011
What is everybodys best kernel with this rom so far? I love SBC kernels but the last sbc kernel i tried with this rom ... it was ... well quite laggy. Ive been on AOSP for so long now and would like to try another rom ... but the main things i look for in a rom is a super fast/stable/battery efficient rom. I just love AOSP roms ... hard to get away from lol.

What is everybodys best kernel with this rom so far? I love SBC kernels but the last sbc kernel i tried with this rom ... it was ... well quite laggy. Ive been on AOSP for so long now and would like to try another rom ... but the main things i look for in a rom is a super fast/stable/battery efficient rom. I just love AOSP roms ... hard to get away from lol.

I've MikG v3.11 since it came out, after v3.o. The best kernal is Anthrax 2.6.38.8 #004. However, I have had good luck with Chop Suey v9.1 UNIVERSAL. Give them a try.

Upvote 0

One other thing, when you swap kernals. Try an app called Setcpu. This will allow you to set a min. and max. governer on that kernal. Mine is set to an OC 1.19 Ghz and a min 384 Mhz I don't go to low on the min. side because the phone lags a little when it wakes up. And you will get better batt. life.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I use 1113 Max with 128 min. Never have issues with waking up on anthrax. I have Smartass as my governor and usually use a screen off profile of 422 max 128 min.

My phone usually doesn't even go above 550 or so

(Yeah I know your not supposed to use a screen off profile with smartass, but I get lower CPU levels when I use it so it works better :D)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I use 1113 Max with 128 min. Never have issues with waking up on anthrax. I have Smartass as my governor and usually use a screen off profile of 422 max 128 min.

My phone usually doesn't even go above 550 or so

(Yeah I know your not supposed to use a screen off profile with smartass, but I get lower CPU levels when I use it so it works better :D)

Mine is set on smartass to. I've never set my off screen profile that low, I'll have to give it a try. Should increase batt. life. Although, I run a 2600 mAh batt. hate that dam charger.

Upvote 0
Been using setCPU ever since ive been flashing . over a year now .. been around awhile lol. Just getting back into trying some sense roms again is all. Last one i ran was Mik3d.... was decent. Can anybody link me to some of these kernel downloads ? Thanks!

You may have been typing when I posted my links but I posted up 2 versions of anthrax.

Mine is set on smartass to. I've never set my off screen profile that low, I'll have to give it a try. Should increase batt. life. Although, I run a 2600 mAh batt. hate that dam charger.
I've always been using the stock battery. I've got some 1700 batteries charged up as backup but don't really use them much. Hardly ever have issues with getting a full 24 hours out of my phone.

I don't really ever play games on the phone, so I can stretch it to multiple days if I have to.

Upvote 0
Been using setCPU ever since ive been flashing . over a year now .. been around awhile lol. Just getting back into trying some sense roms again is all. Last one i ran was Mik3d.... was decent. Can anybody link me to some of these kernel downloads ? Thanks!

Mik3D is a great rom, keep a copy on my Sd card with the Anthrax kernel and Timberwolf671 blue midnight theme. Looks like RXPERT83 hooked you up with the links. You may have to go over to XDA for Chop Suey kernal.

Upvote 0
You may have been typing when I posted my links but I posted up 2 versions of anthrax.

I've always been using the stock battery. I've got some 1700 batteries charged up as backup but don't really use them much. Hardly ever have issues with getting a full 24 hours out of my phone.

I don't really ever play games on the phone, so I can stretch it to multiple days if I have to.

Believe it or not I have maybe four apps on my phone. I just for calls, directions, and sometimes surfing the web. With the extended batt. I get 3 1/2 to 4 days.

Upvote 0
Believe it or not I have maybe four apps on my phone. I just for calls, directions, and sometimes surfing the web. With the extended batt. I get 3 1/2 to 4 days.

2011-12-15_08-17-32.jpg

An old screenie from Tommy's classic and agressive freedom kernel on the stock battery :D

Reactions: JIMZROMZ
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones