• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just froze the preinstalled Swype and install the new version of the Beta and it is awesome! I've been using Keyboard Manager so I have Swype in portrait and the GB keyboard in landscape, which I think is the ideal setup, but, with the changes they've made to Swype, I might make Swype my sole keyboard.

Where do you download the new Swype?

Upvote 0
Response to my own forum. I tried swiftkey for a few days and just... could not handle it. The auto-guess area on top of the keyboard is way too big, so the letters are way to small, even on my 4.3 in screen.

Tried the new Gingerbread keyboard app. The spacebar is way too small. I missed it just about every time I went for it. Went to return it and missed my 15 minute deadline.

Then upgraded to swiftkey x... this thing is awesome. You wouldn't think the layout of all the keys pressed together would work. But it really does for some reason! It's like holding a regular text phone, like the LG enV. I changed from Handcent to GoSMS, and my texting life has already improved substantially since yesterday.

My suggestion as of today (might change again, but as of today): Swiftkey X.

Upvote 0
+1 for Smart Keyboard Pro. I bought it simply because I was hitting they keys on the side of the spacebar on the stock keyboard (mostly the period) and it was annoying the crap out of me. SKP comes with skins that have a longer space bar and made all the difference in the world to me. Been using it since I got my X1. The Galaxy skin matches the new Blur on the X2 pretty well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones