• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best keyboard

Upvote 0
I agree that there are some glitches with BK (Better Keyboard). I'm sure those will be worked on.

As for having more spacing in between the keys, that's what the skins are for as well. Different skins, depending on the dev of the skin, have different key size/spacing. My suggestion is just download a skin that you are comfortable with.

Also, you have 24 hours to try it, and if you don't like it then just get a refund.

It is well worth a try.

Upvote 0
I tried both Better Keyboard and Even Better Keyboard and ultimately went back to Touch Pal.

Touch Pal just seems more responsive to me. Unfortunately it's been taken out of the Market until a new version comes out in 1Q 2010.
Hopefully this new version will allow adding words to the dictionary, which is really the only fault I can find with this keyboard app. (root users can update the dictionary manually...)

Upvote 0
for what it's worth, the typing correction on better keyboard sucks. I type a word, and then I have to scroll through nearly 7 pages of words before one that even looks english pops up.

I haven't tried touchpal yet... downloading it right now.

What word(s) give you this trouble? Because it sounds to me like it's nothing more than user error; either you're typing the first 3 letters of a 6 letter word or you just aren't any good using it at all. I NEVER have that kind of trouble with typing correction. If what I type isn't the right word, usually the first suggestion is.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know off the top of their heads which keyboard or keyboard skin makes the keys bigger? I tried a few different ones for BetterKeyboard, but they were just skins, not a modification of the keysize.

I'm currently using a skin called Pre Green. It goes great with my theme. The keys are at pretty good distance from each other. I also know that Hero skin has good spacing too. The avatar skinds are decent too.

Upvote 0
What word(s) give you this trouble? Because it sounds to me like it's nothing more than user error; either you're typing the first 3 letters of a 6 letter word or you just aren't any good using it at all. I NEVER have that kind of trouble with typing correction. If what I type isn't the right word, usually the first suggestion is.

If I am trying to type a word like "Pay", it brings up an entire list of word possibilities, none of which ever make sense. it comes out with words like "qbz" "rcy" etc. I finally find the word I wanted after I scroll over about 8 times.

Not human error, unfortunately.

How are you downloading touchpal? I cant find it in the market

I posted that, and then went looking for it. I couldn't find it either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones