• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best launcher in your opinion or fact?

LauncherPro, while still very good and smooth, has been abandonware since the developer stopped updating it. Not that there needs much more updating anyway, so you may not get new cool features.

Go Launcher has all of the features of Launcher Pro and has even more, and is smooth as well with regular updates and fixes to make it better. Briefly tried the others but I really keep coming back to Go.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
I've been using Zeam. It's very simple, but does what I need it to. I was using Go for a while, but it turned out I didn't need most of the capabilities. What sealed it for me was that the tray in Zeam scrolls smoothly (and has unlimited slots) while the one in Go scrolls in increments of five (and is limited to 15 slots).

To get technical, my launcher is the task switcher QuickDesk Pro. When you install it you specify your "real" launcher, and it sets things up normally; a single click on the home button goes to the launcher, while a double click goes to the task switcher, where you can easily switch to stuff you've been using lately. Yes, I know a long press on the home button gets you eight recent tasks, but this works more smoothly for me. You can even put widgets on the page that shows up when you double click. (Double press? I'm a PC guy at heart.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones