• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Launchers For S3

I'm running nova prime from the $.25 sale. I tried Go and installed all of the widgets and started getting air push notifications. I didn't really like the look of it either. It does everything that was listed above for go, except the app shortcut gestures.

I haven't had any problems with my widgets. You can launch touch wiz to check them out more easily if you want

Upvote 0
Been using HOLO LAUNCHER/HOLO LAUNCHER HD for a few months now.
Tried APEX & NOVA, but, HOLO seems to be so much smoother than anything else I've tried lately.

Even have SPB SHELL 3-D. I load it up once in a blue moon,usually just to check out the updates. It's purdy enough to look at, but, is sorely lacking in the customization department. Perhaps if the dock was customizable, I'd actually use it much more than I do.
Until then, I'll stick w/HOLO LAUNCHER.

Upvote 0
Don't want to hijack the thread, but this isn't worth stating a new one for.

I installed Go Launcher and so far I really like it. Just one issue that maybe someone can help. Before I tried Go launcher, the stock email app would show me how many new emails I had with a little number on the icon. Go Launchers email icon does not do this. It actually came with a pretty funky email icon. I replaced it with a "stock" icon, but the ability to show the number of new emails is gone. I have notifications turned on and they show in the notification bar, but I'd really like that function back of having the icon display the number of unread messages.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Upvote 0

I installed Go Launcher and so far I really like it. Just one issue that maybe someone can help. Before I tried Go launcher, the stock email app would show me how many new emails I had with a little number on the icon. Go Launchers email icon does not do this. It actually came with a pretty funky email icon. I replaced it with a "stock" icon, but the ability to show the number of new emails is gone. I have notifications turned on and they show in the notification bar, but I'd really like that function back of having the icon display the number of unread messages.

You have to download go notification it's a plug in, it also includes notifications for apps that touchwiz doesn't

Also try different themes, some have ridiculous icons. Pure is nice, and Sira. The also both have matching lockers

Reactions: Musky
Upvote 0

Get the GO Launcher EX Notifications plugin from Play, that sounds like what you are looking for.

Reactions: Musky
Upvote 0
sorry been of topic a little. whats the difference between go launcher and go locker? installed the launcher then tried changing theme and go locker had to be downloaded. completly new to android so not %100 on this type of stuff yet.

Go Locker is used to change the lock screen only. Go Launcher is for your home screens/app drawer :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones