• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best LG Motion Screen Protector?

Color me crazy but I really like the one that came on the phone. Clear as glass.

I'd get some of those IF I knew where to get them AND thought I could put them on correctly.

I tried to put the IcrediShield or whatever it's called on my 3" square Sony DSC H-5 camera and the result wasn't pretty. The Nicole Simpson murder site was a cleaner ending. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Color me crazy but I really like the one that came on the phone. Clear as glass.

I'd get some of those IF I knew where to get them AND thought I could put them on correctly.

I tried to put the IcrediShield or whatever it's called on my 3" square Sony DSC H-5 camera and the result wasn't pretty. The Nicole Simpson murder site was a cleaner ending. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I really liked the factory one too however I didn't snip off that stupid tab and it ended up peeling off so easily in the corner. I was able to wash it and re-apply it with great result, however it just ended up peeling in the corner again after about a week.

I bought a basic three pack of screen protectors on Amazon and I wasted nearly all of them trying to get them on! Somehow the last one I was able to stick on with only a few air bubbles on the side. Certainly they are not the best quality since there are already micro scratches on the protector but can't notice it when the screen is on.

When browsing Amazon for LG Motion screen protectors I'm very annoyed with some clown named Richard Franks who has given one star to nearly every protector! According to Mr Franks the Motion has gorilla glass so putting a protector on it is like, "putting a raincoat over a raincoat." :puke:

From what little Googling I have done there are reports of Gorilla glass being scratched so a protector is an important thing! Ok, I will get off my rant now, but Amazon is terrible to let people review items without them buying it first! :banghead:

Upvote 0
What comes on the screen from the factory is a protective film but isn't a true screen protector. While it can stay on for a long time if you don't peel it off (and I have done this with mine in the past), it will scratch over time and doesn't have the durability of a genuine SP.
I've been using the Zagg Invisible Shield protectors for a while now and have them on all my LG phones. They cut down on glare a lot over both the bare glass and OE film, reduce smudging and fingerprints drastically and clean with the wipe of a finger (dry or damp). Currently the only Zagg option for the Motion is the universal one which you have to cut to fit, that's what I have now. Their site does show a custom-cut one "coming soon" but it's been like that for a few months so who knows when it will be available.

Upvote 0
What comes on the screen from the factory is a protective film but isn't a true screen protector. While it can stay on for a long time if you don't peel it off (and I have done this with mine in the past), it will scratch over time and doesn't have the durability of a genuine SP.
I've been using the Zagg Invisible Shield protectors for a while now and have them on all my LG phones. They cut down on glare a lot over both the bare glass and OE film, reduce smudging and fingerprints drastically and clean with the wipe of a finger (dry or damp). Currently the only Zagg option for the Motion is the universal one which you have to cut to fit, that's what I have now. Their site does show a custom-cut one "coming soon" but it's been like that for a few months so who knows when it will be available.

Go on Amazon there is one for the regard I seen it but didn't get it.

Sent from my typewriter.

Upvote 0
i made a thread about screen protectors like 5 months ago. it's way back some where in here, anyways the screen protector that comes with the phone from a metro store you can buy is like 8 bucks.

well they also sell one that's called the "privacy" model. and it's 10 million times better, not only is it scratch, greese, finger print resistent. it also gives privacy features i.e if your not looking directly at the phone, you cant see what is on the screen. like people next to you will just see a black screen.

anyways i bought mine 5-6 months ago and i still have it on, and never ever ever plan to take it off unless i decide to buy a new one, cause by now it does have a little wear on it, basically because i play games on it all the time.

this protector fixed my ocd about smudges and always wipping off my phone after touching it. it truly is a must have for any model phone.

also it's only 12 bucks which is like 2 or 3 dollars more expensive then the pos normal screen protector.

i dont remember the name of the manufacturer, but if you go back to like thread pages in this phones section to like 1-10 it's somewhere in there, i have all the details listed.

but you can basically go into your metro store, say i need a screen protector and ask if they have the privacy edition.

the 3 dollars extra is very very very well spent. it actually feels like your buying something usefull, instead of that garbage seran wrap they try to pass of as a screen protector. actually becuase i love it so much i'll go dig through the history and find the thread for you.

Reactions: Ubercharrge
Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/lg-motion-4g/625812-screen-protectors.html

there you go bro. details are in the third post. but here you go anyway. btw i didnt find one forsale online to give a link to people, i just directed them to their nearest metro store. and actually i guess it was 10 bucks, not 12. i think the original is like 8$

""the box says "yeda" super screen protector

says privacy on the bottom left

and also on the bottom right there should be a sticker that says "for lg ms770 (privacy)"

lol on the back it says anti-scratch, anti-dust, anti-fingerprint, extra durable, easy install, easy peel off, no residue left.

edit ; i just tried to find a link for you some where online for it but to no avail. i'm sure they'd have em at all metro stores though. ""

Reactions: Ubercharrge
Upvote 0
As far as gorilla glass scratching, I can tell you that they invited me to play with the glass on a demo model at a metro store.

I took the end of a paperclip, a thumb tack, and a key and moderately pressed them against the glass in a scribbling motion. No scratches were made whatsoever.

Also my aunt took her screen protector off her phone a week ago. She is not very careful with her phone and typically throws it in her purse with her keys brush and other assorted belongings. I looked at her phone today and not one scratch or blemish could be seen on the surface.

Even in light of all this I still am not brave enough to take my screen protector off my motion haha

Reactions: Matthew83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones