• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best Low Cost Android Tablet for Videoconferencing?

persistentone

Sep 4, 2013
I need a low-cost Android tablet, and my main applications are high-quality HDR photos using the back camera, high-quality front camera (for video conferencing), and Google Chrome for web browsing. I don't think I need a ton of CPU, but I do want brilliant quality camera, both front and back.

In reviewing the market, the best cameras appear to be on the very high-end tablets that make you pay for a lot of technology (like 4K resolution display) and very high-end CPU. Are there any low or mid range tablets that excel in the imaging department? Of course I want the display to be very usable for web browsing as well.

Quite frankly from what I've seen low-cost tablets just do not have good cameras in them, and quite a few can be truly awful, like very bad colour and detail rendering. Even with high-end tablets, the cameras may not be as good as you might find in a decent modern smart-phone. Possibly some of the better(more expensive) Samsung Tab devices might have the best cameras I think. Apple iPad has quite good cameras, but still not as well specced as an iPhone camera.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quite frankly from what I've seen low-cost tablets just do not have good cameras in them, and quite a few can be truly awful, like very bad colour and detail rendering. Even with high-end tablets, the cameras may not be as good as you might find in a decent modern smart-phone. Possibly some of the better(more expensive) Samsung Tab devices might have the best cameras I think. Apple iPad has quite good cameras, but still not as well specced as an iPhone camera.

So far my research agrees with you in all of this.

The Huawei MediaPad M2 and M3 look very interesting, but they are priced as midrange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones