1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Media Player?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rpogorek, Nov 4, 2010.

1. rpogorek

rpogorek Lurker

I'm looking for a "do it all" media player - video, audio, podasts, the whole thing. Preferably free, but that isn't a dealbreaker. Any recommendations?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DustinD

DustinD Newbie

I just picked up the newly released power amp, It's 1.99 I believe, but it has a free trial. Best audio player i've used so far.

3. Manuelitoohno

Manuelitoohno Newbie

whats different about it. I was never much of a media app kinda guy, as long as the stock music player on my phone doesnt lag im fine with it.

4. nmoline

nmoline Newbie

Winamp!!! I know it makes you think it's 1998 all over again; but Winamp is by far the best media player. Not only is the interface really nice on Android; it can WIRELESSLY sync your files and playlists with Winamp on your PC.

5. viny2cool

viny2cool Android Enthusiast

power amp...

6. joebloggscity

joebloggscity Newbie

Winamp is causing me issues, when i link my phone (HTC Desire) to winamp via USB it doesn't pick it up under "Devices"/Portables. Either it will take ages or won't show!!!!!!

7. ulbonado

ulbonado Member

doubletwist works well for me, and is free. It has an accompanying desktop app for syncing too.

8. Gipson

Gipson Well-Known Member

DEFINITELY winamp or poweramp

9. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Android Enthusiast

Winamp and poweramp probably have the most features but I dont like the user interface design. Doubletwist has an attractive ui but no advanced features. Lately I switched to Music playerpro. It has a attractive ui and a decent amount of advanced features.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews