• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best mkv video player, no need to convert.

CeeJayII

Nov 11, 2009
I've experiemented with multiple video players and have gotten poor results. Sound issue and framerate issues all over the place from QQplayer, MX player, Moboplayer, and Rockplayer. The only player that works for me on Nexus is Diceplayer. It has been rock solid so far and handles MKVs very well. Only annoying part is that it is currently only available in trial version.

I've experiemented with multiple video players and have gotten poor results. Sound issue and framerate issues all over the place from QQplayer, MX player, Moboplayer, and Rockplayer. The only player that works for me on Nexus is Diceplayer. It has been rock solid so far and handles MKVs very well. Only annoying part is that it is currently only available in trial version.

Even though I have a rezound, not a GNex, I fully agree that Diceplayer is the best player on the market, especially for mkvs. I thought MX Player was pretty good but the hardware decoding ability of mkv files on diceplayer results in far superior picture quality. Totally worth the $6 it cost. Too bad you can't get it anymore.

Upvote 0
speaking of videos. I'm don't know what all the file extensions mean but maybe you guys can help me. I have a video shot from a phone camera i used to own. I can't remember which one it was but maybe it was a WM phone. It looks like it is a "Quicktime" movie. How can i play that? I transfered it to the SGN but it won't play. It comes up with some error message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones