• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Best Motorla Droid 2 Cases

My friend purchased the rubberized case like wis3384 posted above. It adds significantly to the thickness of the device, plus it does interfere with typing on the top row.

I just purchased one of the "Snap On Covers" that Verizon offers for $19.99. It unfortunately has a bump in the back case for the extended battery, and it noticeably interferes with the sliding mechanism, so I'll be returning it.

I looked at the Body Glove case but again felt it made the device too thick, and came to the same conclusion of the "leatherette" case with the kickstand.

I'm wondering if perhaps a vinyl skin from UniqueSkins.com or iStyles.com would be better than a real case...

Upvote 0
I bought the shell and holster combo from Verizon. It is a hard case with a texture to it. It slides into the holster nicely after it loosened up a bit and it fits the extended battery. It's also not as thick as the rubber so it does not interfere with the top buttons as much. I tried out a few at the Verizon store and this fit the best.

Upvote 0
I'm looking for a case....does anyone have any experience with a case like this from ebay?
Spring Flower Hard Case Cover for Motorola DROID 2 A955 - eBay (item 110587307826 end time Nov-15-10 18:22:10 PST)

I had an Eris before this and had a silicone case and really liked how if I dropped it it bounced!! LOL I figured it was better on shock protection. I haven't found anything like that for the Droid. So just curious on what everyone else has. I need to get one soon since I already dropped it once :(

Upvote 0
I love the otterbox commuter series I have on my D2 but i have to say that i did drop my phone and it broke the front part of the case when it landed. I super glued it and snapped it back on and its holding strong. I work for the city water dept. So i am rough on phones(actually lost one in a sewer man hole 4 years ago, its still there lol) but this case has held up well and the included screen protector has been on for about 3 months with little wear.

My only real complaint is that the case is too slick it could use some texture and a belt clip.

Upvote 0
first post....

ive had a few cases for my d2 and havnt liked any of them. ive been looking around though and have narrowed my search to 3 cases

Seidio active
Seidio surface
Case Mate tough case

ive read reviews on the otterbox and i was convinced up until i read how many buyers were having problems with the front cover.

so which should i buy and why?

any input is very appreciated thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones