1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best MP3 players, tagging apps, and Cover Apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ZingXao, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ZingXao

ZingXao Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    Which music player is the best one to use? I like Songbird, but the UI is a bit clunky in my opinion. I tried doubleTwist, and I really like that. However I'm having a problem with one of my songs. I used AudioTagger and MP3 Tag Editor to change the album and year and stuff.. and neither worked. I then reluctantly installed "Music Player" by Social Soft, and I was able to edit the album and stuff using that. I then installed Cover Art Downloader, and I was able to get te right album cover for the song. I checked Songbird, and everything had changed in there, however, it just won't change in doubleTwist. It's even removed the album cover from the song completely in there.

It's also changed in the default music player, so it's all right in there.

Any way I can get this song 'fixed up', without me having to plug it into my computer? Any apps?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. ForeverNewb

ForeverNewb Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    PC\Network Technician
    London, Ontario
    Sounds like you need PowerAMP.

It allows tag editing in the program, downloads cover art and has a very customizably UI with a show/hide able EQ.

Replace all the random programs your using with this one ($4.99 on the market) and you won't have to worry about software compatability again. PowerAMP does a good job of automatically grabbing the album art once your mp3 tag data is correct. If you've already updated all this data great it should load in correctly.

3. ZingXao

ZingXao Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    Yeah, I kinda wanted a free one... I've got Winamp installed, seems decent. Tried Cubed but that seems a bit gimmicky.

However, I did manage to fix that song with doubleTwist. I uninstalled the app, installed ASTRO, deleted the doubleTwist folder containing the original settings using ASTRO, and reinstalled doubleTwist. Bit of an inconvenient solution but hey, it worked.

4. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    Oil and gas industry.
    New Orleans
    PowerAMP