1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Best music app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by firemedic1, Nov 12, 2011.

1. firemedic1

firemedic1 Lurker
    None

Nov 11, 2011
    Ok I just got my Atrix 2 and I'm brand new to the Android system so forgive me if this is a ******ed question. So I'm looking for a good music app to download music and I understand with android that alot of the music can be downloaded for free, is this true. Second I tried to download a music app earlier and and when it came time to install/accept and download the app there were all these permissions listed below that I had to agree to before I could download the app and frankly some of them freaked me out, ie the phone can be tracked, broken into, the browser can be changed, the info on the phone can be swiped, etc etc, and I've seen these things before on other apps I looked into downloading, you guys know what I'm talking about? Do I need to be concerned with this or should I just download the app anyway. Thanks for the info and again sorry for the rudamentary question. Oh I absolutely love the phone by the way, I came from a iphone 3Gs and this phone is so much better.

Advertisement

2. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    Police Lieutenant
    Chattanooga, TN
    I'm not a music geek, but I have over 900 tracks on my phone. I just use the player that comes with the phone. I'm pretty satisfied with the quality. On the Motorola website Atrix 2 forum there was someone going into an extensive discussion about the music apps, and how to best use them on Atrix 2. Might be worth your time to look into that site as well.

3. NateTheGreat55

None

Nov 6, 2011
    I might need to check out what the website said. I do like the onboard music app, but there's no shuffle feature (at least from what I could tell.) I like being able to play the radio from within the same app (not internet radio, actual FM radio), but no shuffle is kind of a deal breaker for me. Did I miss something from the onboard app?

4. TimmyB44

TimmyB44 Member
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    I just came over from webOS two weeks ago. On that side of the world, the music player was OK, but not great. There was a homebrew guy who made his own player called "Remix", which was MUCH better. Many of us wished HP had simply used his program and dumped the lame one that came standard with webOS, but that would require HP to use common sense. I digress...

Anyway, this guy is now working with Android devices and he has come up with another player, this one called "PowerAmp". I have installed it and it indeed is much better than the stock player, and has tons of customizations available in it. The only feature that I can't seem to find (and it probably is there; I'm just missing it!) is the ability to shuffle songs but only from within a playlist. It seems that I can only get the thing to shuffle ALL the songs in the library, not just that playlists songs. I haven't really pounded my head against the wall trying to find it. It's just the one thing that doesn't work exactly as my brain thinks it should. (Maybe someone else knows the answer to this?)

Either way, give it a try. It's a nice player and waaaaay better than the stock one. Can't beat the price, either!

tim :cool:

Edit: I did a little poking around and I finally found out how to shuffle just the songs in the playlist! So, without saying, now I have ZERO reasons to not recommend this awesome app to you!!!

5. NateTheGreat55

None

Nov 6, 2011
    I just checked out that PowerAmp app, and I must say it's very clean. I had been using JukeFox (and was loving it), except that it randomly crashed my device when I was listening to music. I don't know if that was the program or the device; I suppose I'll find out when I use this one.

Still no radio function, but I guess I can't really complain. What's the difference between the trial vs. full version?

6. TimmyB44

TimmyB44 Member
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    I am still trying to figure out the best app to SYNC music with. What I am discovering is each synching solution seems to only sync for that programs music player. Motorola's music sync worked great the first time, but has not worked properly since. I tried Double Twist, which worked really well, but then it only syncs up with the Double Twist music player. None of the items that it brought over (playlists, etc.) are available in the other music players, only the Double Twist music player. I like the synching of DT best, but the performance of PowerAmp to play the music. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just the way it is?

7. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    Bank Manager
    Midwest
    I use and have used DoubleTwist on all of my android devices. It is an "iPod" like app that allows you to view music by artist, album, playlist and so on. There is a shuffle and rating feature that allows you to export the ratings to iTunes. It also takes all of your iTunes music from your computer and allows you to sync it to your phone effortlessly over wifi or cable connected to computer. The app is free but there are features such as custom equalizers and the wifi syncing that do cost.

Check it out and let me know what you think. I love it!

8. mifroid

mifroid Lurker
    None

Nov 16, 2011
    try mixzing app on your experia X8... :D