• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Music/Media Player App

Hi all,

new to android, new to forums... o2 Ireland samsung galaxy s upgraded to 2.2 last night using Samsung Kies Software.

I got streaming working after many trials....

What works perfect is.....
Installed gmote server and my pc and installing both vplayer and gmote on my samsung galaxy S and I am now watching avi, divx and mkvs on the phone in great quality.

I do have a 300mb wireless N network though :)

Upvote 0
Hey guys, first I want to admit that I'm a "newb" to all the transfer & de-coding, etc of video files to play on mobile phones but I got the Sams. Epic 4g for purpose of seeing movies among other things. I had no idea of how complex it could be to see a movie I downloaded. By the way, I'm doing all downloads thru phone cause my computer was destroyed. I thought I just download flics and "Boom", I watch them! I downloaded several flics and I was able too see most thru the built-in player, which is pretty good. For the ones that didn't play, I read posts in several forums and made a list of the "Media/Video players" most liked with best features: vPlayer, ArcMedia, Rock Player, Wuzhenhua 4.1, Mix Zing, mPlayer. Of course there were other mentions but to a Newb like me these seemed like top ones. Since I wanted the easiest way to view flics and they all had plusses and minusses, I just got them all! Whenever I download a flic and press "open", a list comes up saying "open with what?" and showing all my players. I then choose the one that plays the movie and that plays it best! All done thru phone; no computer! So far, 99% of my flics work! Try it! Can't wait for mobile versions of "VLC & Core" players!

Upvote 0
The best music player hands down is PowerAmp. Remarkable widget and precision EQ controls. Test it out and let me know if u think the same. I managed to get the hacked free pro version, from a kool friend of mine...and it's the only one I ever use

I've done some tests on it and have found it to use about 5x the processing power compared to Double Twist. On my Galaxy S it uses around 10% compared to 2%.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Simple question with hopefully a simple answer. What's the best media-player to use on an Android? Currently I'm using the stock media-player that comes with the mytouch4g.

It...doesn't really have a fancy name, it's simply called "Media Room". Free would be preferred since the one I'm running is decent at best but if something that's meant to be paid for REALLY blows the rest out of the water and goes for a moderate price I'll definitely go with that.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones