1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Best Music/Media Player App

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by MarvinAndroid, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Doctorjazz

Doctorjazz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I've tried quite a few of these, Poweramp and Neutron seem best sound-wise, but I agree that they're fiddly. I currently have Neutron on my Razr Maxx, find it really difficult to manage, difficult UI. Probably going to uninstall it and go back to one of the many players I've used, maybe Poweramp again (have tried Meridian, Winamp (buggy), Doubletwist, Mixzing, and some more of the usual suspects). I've decided I don't really love using my phone as my music player, anyway. I often plug into a pair of speakers at work, have to leave it and not receive calls to do that. Also calls interrupt the flow of the players. I do subscribe to Mog, which has much flexibility and can be used on phone, computer, iPad, etc. Also some streaming apps to listen to music from my PC. Generally, I just prefer a dedicated digital audio player, and use my ipad, ipod touch, and HiSound Audio Studio V player for listining that is more than casual, but not at the main stereo.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Noozy was removed from the market because it was basically a complete rip off of Zplayer. It was a great app and when I found out it had been removed, I bought Zplayer, so if you like Noozy, Zplayer is worth a go as well.

N7 Player is quite nice sound wise and has a pretty unique UI too.

I'll need to look in to Neutron, thanks for the tip :).

xxkid123 likes this.
  3. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Noozy was a rip off? Thanks for the heads up! I did know it was supposed to look like microsoft's zune, but didn't think it would be a rip off. Will edit my previous comment.

4. Doctorjazz

Feb 27, 2010
    I have to say Neutron is actually very good sounding...didn't believe it would make a difference on my phone, but it does. The user interface, however, has repeatedly stymied me and prevented me from actually being able to enjoy it. Maybe the more tech-savvy out there won't find it as daunting.

5. El Presidente

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Yep, take a look at the screenshots of Zplayer, Noozy was identical.

6. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Can I post another reminder that this topic is for members to highlight their favourite apps, not developers to pimp their products? We have an Application Announcements section where such posts are welcome.... nowhere else.

Thank you.

El Presidente likes this.
  7. lionrain

lionrain Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Male
    Florida
    Although I have not used a whole lot of music apps. Playerpro is definitely up there.

8. Sharmy

Sharmy Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Android can overcome all competition about IT.

9. unsethi

unsethi New Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Hey guys! I'm having a Samsung Galaxy S Duos (S7562).. I've tried a many times to play videos in it but there's a stupid problem, I have tried .flv format of 40:33 mins about 315 MB (and many more).. The picture comes first and audio lags behind.. and after some seconds audio flashes out and then try to cope up with the picture. This video is working great on PC but having trouble on phone.

I've tried more videos but the problem is same for all kinds of videos.
    Please help.. I thought it would be great to watch movies but this phone is shitting..

10. 007shark

007shark Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Electronics Tech
    FL
    I have tried and used all of media players listed. My favorite is still Sony's Walkman music player. It has the best UI, in my opinion, that is functional in both landscape and portrait. It also has the built in visualizations. The only downside is you have to be rooted to install and it isn't compatible with Jelly Bean yet.

11. Romanzi

Romanzi Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Programmer
    Dnepropetrovsk
    MX Player

badblue1 likes this.
  12. k3vin 71

k3vin 71 Member

Jan 31, 2013
    For me, best one is Apollo the one that comes with cm9/10

gcobb likes this.
  13. ramar35

ramar35 Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Male
    Best Video player - MX Player
    Best Music player - Poweramp
    MixZing is an all round good media player but the interface is a bit dated. Some skins would be welcome.

woxni and badblue1 like this.
  14. gerry142

gerry142 Active Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Apollo has been my favorite.

15. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Since my last post I've gone with Sensor Music Player. It has most of every feature I'm looking for while still using Folder format not tags.

16. Doctorjazz

Feb 27, 2010
    Ok, while I think Neutron is truly superior audio quality, I'm ready to ditch it because of the UI. From an audiophile perspective, is there an easier to use, good sounding app out there? On a side note, recently got a dock for the Razr, with an audio out (and a video out). Is this "line out", meaning it skips the phone amp and uses the external amp it's connected to? Just curious...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

17. El Presidente

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Not sure about the dock question, but look at zplayer or N7, either coupled with noozxoide enhancer sound pretty good and have decent UI.

18. Doctorjazz

Feb 27, 2010
    Downloaded the trial, see how it goes... Couldn't find the 2nd program in the Play store

19. Doctorjazz

Feb 27, 2010
    Noozxoid, or whatever, didn't come up in search

20. El Presidente

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
  21. Doctorjazz

Feb 27, 2010
    Went to the link, tells me app not compatible with my phone (Razr Maxx) maybe that's why I couldn't find it initially
    I am rooted, curious about the Sony player, any information how to find it?

22. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
    MX player for videos... played everything i threw at it.

23. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Female
    Oakland, CA
    Based on some of the posts in this thread, I'm trying zplayer, and I'm really liking it except for one thing - album art seems rather fickle. it works on the main player screen, but not on the widget. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

24. mindy123

mindy123 New Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I'm pretty tied up in Itunes with my music. I listen to a lot of electronic music where the tracks can be 6/7/8 mins long and have a lot of tracks set in itunes to start/end at specific times. Are there any android music apps that will sync my itunes along with the specific start/end times?