• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Music/Media Player App

I've tried quite a few of these, Poweramp and Neutron seem best sound-wise, but I agree that they're fiddly. I currently have Neutron on my Razr Maxx, find it really difficult to manage, difficult UI. Probably going to uninstall it and go back to one of the many players I've used, maybe Poweramp again (have tried Meridian, Winamp (buggy), Doubletwist, Mixzing, and some more of the usual suspects). I've decided I don't really love using my phone as my music player, anyway. I often plug into a pair of speakers at work, have to leave it and not receive calls to do that. Also calls interrupt the flow of the players. I do subscribe to Mog, which has much flexibility and can be used on phone, computer, iPad, etc. Also some streaming apps to listen to music from my PC. Generally, I just prefer a dedicated digital audio player, and use my ipad, ipod touch, and HiSound Audio Studio V player for listining that is more than casual, but not at the main stereo.

Upvote 0
Noozy: great sound effects, and if you're on CM or if you have a universal DSP manager, then it'll be great. free too.

Neutron music player: crazy options and effects. It's a little heavier on the battery usage in my opinion, and I'm not pick enough with my music to really need so powerful an app, but if you're an audiophile then you might want to look into this.

Noozy was removed from the market because it was basically a complete rip off of Zplayer. It was a great app and when I found out it had been removed, I bought Zplayer, so if you like Noozy, Zplayer is worth a go as well.

N7 Player is quite nice sound wise and has a pretty unique UI too.

I'll need to look in to Neutron, thanks for the tip :).

Reactions: xxkid123
Upvote 0
Noozy was removed from the market because it was basically a complete rip off of Zplayer. It was a great app and when I found out it had been removed, I bought Zplayer, so if you like Noozy, Zplayer is worth a go as well.

N7 Player is quite nice sound wise and has a pretty unique UI too.

I'll need to look in to Neutron, thanks for the tip :).

Noozy was a rip off? Thanks for the heads up! I did know it was supposed to look like microsoft's zune, but didn't think it would be a rip off. Will edit my previous comment.

Upvote 0
Hey guys! I'm having a Samsung Galaxy S Duos (S7562).. I've tried a many times to play videos in it but there's a stupid problem, I have tried .flv format of 40:33 mins about 315 MB (and many more).. The picture comes first and audio lags behind.. and after some seconds audio flashes out and then try to cope up with the picture. This video is working great on PC but having trouble on phone.

I've tried more videos but the problem is same for all kinds of videos.
Please help.. I thought it would be great to watch movies but this phone is shitting..

Upvote 0
I have tried and used all of media players listed. My favorite is still Sony's Walkman music player. It has the best UI, in my opinion, that is functional in both landscape and portrait. It also has the built in visualizations. The only downside is you have to be rooted to install and it isn't compatible with Jelly Bean yet.

Upvote 0
Ok, while I think Neutron is truly superior audio quality, I'm ready to ditch it because of the UI. From an audiophile perspective, is there an easier to use, good sounding app out there? On a side note, recently got a dock for the Razr, with an audio out (and a video out). Is this "line out", meaning it skips the phone amp and uses the external amp it's connected to? Just curious...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones