1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Best Music/Media Player App

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by MarvinAndroid, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    California
    Whats the best music app that you can synch you music across all your devices? I'm starting to hate Google Music because it doesn't always upload all my files.

Advertisement

2. trey_a

trey_a New Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Forgive me if this has been answered but is there a music player app that will save your pause/stop point. The only real issue I have with the stock player is that when I pause a song or podcast sometimes when I come back to finish listening it will start over. I've got a note 2 on t-mobile if it makes a difference

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Z Player does it (I think, I've not used it in a while).

N7 Player definitely remembers start/stop points. :)

4. jackwilli

jackwilli New Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Thanks for this replies :D JW

5. jaysacks

jaysacks Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Male
    partner in telecommunications company
    Los Angeles, CA
  6. aarondickson411

aarondickson411 New Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Hey dude did you ever get your OG questions solved pertaining to this post? I would like to know what apps do exactly that but I also either need an equal as well. Or any advice on an audio output manager that I can use for all sound. 'I appreciate the help.

THX

7. eugenerudenko

eugenerudenko Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Male
    Up to this day I'm quite happy with Poweramp but looks like al ot of people recommend Zplayer. Need to check it out

8. toiday

toiday Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I have a collection of singles and each one have the album art stored in the mp3 file. However, Google's Play Music and some other players I tried will not display the album art in the mp3 file. It seems to randomly pick one and show for all of my music. I only player will show the album art in the file would be iPhone :-( There should be an Android player can do that. Anyone know?

9. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I had the same issue, 8K tracks uploaded and most of them used the same album cover.

If you browse your collection via the web interface, you can set the art for each track/artist.

Most players download the album art info from the internet as far as I know, but I recall n7 Player allowed me to specify my own.

10. DanPLC

DanPLC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    The app I developed, Music Player (Remix), has an option to retrieve the album art from the music files (embedded in the tags). Also any album art downloaded in the app is automatically embedded in the music files.

You can find a free 14-day trial here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.mprtrial

11. Ryoku

Ryoku New Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Hey everyone, I just picked up my first Smart phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini) and was wondering what are the best options for a video/music player for an android is now? I checked the date this post was started and don't feel like sorting through 4 years of post (sorry for my laziness >_<).

I downloaded FormatFactory as a converter is that still considered a good option for converting videos?

12. skinnyguitarboy

Jan 15, 2014
    I has to be poweramp very good

13. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    For me it's either Apollo (stock aosp music player) or pro player (paid version)

14. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    I use Poweramp but I've been hearing good things about Neutron lately.

15. Dynamic Lad

Dynamic Lad Active Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Male
    Consultant
    Beijing
    I'm using N7 Player, really like this for audio playback, UI is friendly as well.
    Hope this is not deviating too much, but anyone have an opinion on MP3 V FLAC files, I have AB'd some music and it certainly makes a difference, but not sure whether to start the huge task of converting everything to FLAC and not even sure if my N4/N7 will play it?

16. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Do you mean converting mp3 to flac? That's not a good idea since mp3 is already a lossy format. If you mean convert wav to flac, that's a matter of opinion. I won't anymore simply because file size is a consideration but if that's what you want to do, it will certainly produce better audio. I'm not an audiophile either so it's less important to me. :)

Dynamic Lad likes this.
  17. !on

!on Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Male
    UK
    andLess music player plays FLAC. So you could convert WAV to FLAC with some app & use that to play it (it's a simple folder based player).

For user interface I just love Zplayer.It has the same interface as Noozy player (with the Noozxoide audio plugin) but the latter always crashed for me, so Zplayer it is.

Dynamic Lad likes this.
  18. Dynamic Lad

Nov 24, 2013
    Male
    Consultant
    Beijing
    Thanks for that, I researched a bit more and decided to upgrade my headphones, bought some PX200ii 's, pretty happy now, and save myself a lot of work.

19. LuvMusic

LuvMusic Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Chicago area
    Can't go wrong with Sennheiser, great headphones!

I've found the weakest link in audio on handsets is the on-board amp, they are usually under-powered. If you are looking for a less expensive way to greatly improve your audio and don't mind another piece of gear I can recommend Fiio's outboard headphone amps, something like this: Amazon.com : FiiO E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier - E11 : Headphone Amps : Electronics

Fiio has other choices too that include more features and/or on-board DAC's but IMHO this hits the performance / price sweet spot.

mikedt likes this.
  20. dibblebill

dibblebill Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Educator
    Raleigh, NC
    Just found out my favorite desktop media player now has an Android version! MediaMonkey! Love the interface, and not only that, but I can sync via WiFi.

Techlord likes this.
  21. Dynamic Lad

Nov 24, 2013
    Male
    Consultant
    Beijing
    I've been using N7 player lately, really like this one, but the problem is that I am in China, and it is "not available in your country" is again the ever persistent message on Google Play. I side loaded it but now I can't purchase on GP, the developers don't seem very responsive to messages about how to buy it using another method. Anyone able to help?

22. Techlord

Techlord Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2014
    I use jetaudio. It's not to flashy but plays most files I have and is easy to use.

23. tearfulrelic86

Mar 28, 2014
    Which player has loud music? Mixzing I use on side now, makes audio louder

24. rronald25

rronald25 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Male
    Amsterdam
    I just installed Rocket player, which is not bad in my opinion but for me I find the volume a bit low. The plus point is the player displays all of album artwork embedded, while when using stock player some of the album art & the genre wont displayed

25. jasonspeed

jasonspeed Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Male
    Wisconsin, USA
    I read through the thread. MixZing was one of the top players on Play when I searched for AAC players. I love Mobo Player for videos. Everyone seems to be praising PowerAmp. I just want a simple player that can play the music I bought off iTunes and maybe the stock player can do it on the M8, I don't know yet. Any suggestions?