1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Best music player?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Intervenient, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Intervenient

Jul 14, 2010
    Student at UCSB
    One of the few advantages my old iPhone has over my Captivate is it's perfect iTunes integration. I have Doubletwist, and now all I need is a music app, instead of the crappy one Sammy gives us. Any help?

Advertisement

2. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    USA
    I have the same question for my Droid X. In particular, I'm looking for one that will play music and podcasts using Bluetooth Stereo headphones. The stock music player on my Droid X is lacking in both interface and features.

3. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Youth Counselor
    PA
    MixZing + Songbird = sexy.

MZ wins for me just for having an EQ. My music's ALIVE now.

4. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I've just given up on MixZing. I liked it for a while, but the non-paid version has too many ads and locked-out features, and HELLO?! $6.99 for the paid version. Sorry, don't think so.

I'm still looking for a decent replacement, which is how I found this thread.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Have you looked around in this subforum at all? Try the usual suspects: 3, btunes, MixZing, etc.

6. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Youth Counselor
    PA
    I actually paid for MixZing just because I wanted to support 'em, but... the ONLY feature you're missing in the free version is tag editing and the lockscreen widget. That's it. As for ads, well. Ignore 'em.

7. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I'm just giving Lithium a go. It's paid (€1.99) but so far it's doing what I want. No frills, just the basics properly, and with a selection of widget sizes too (I like 'em big!). If I don't like it I'll uninstall within the 24 hours.

8. EinZtein

EinZtein Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    You'll spend more time chasing, just pay for mix. It's the whip.

9. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I've just taken a look at another similar thread on this board. I've refunded Lithium and I'm using Music Mod and TuneWiki. Between them I think they've got everything covered (TuneWiki does live lyrics, and Music Mod is what the standard app should be - very simple, good array of widgets and looks nice and clean). And they're free!