• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best music player?

I love Mixzing, its by far the best music app I have tried.

couple of points about the equalizer in mixzing,

it uses slightly more power when you use the equalizer as it works the processor harder (mixzing does warn you about this).

and the equalizer works by, for example, if you want more bass, it cant actually 'add' bass, so it slightly reduces everything else to make the bass seem more proportionally. same with trebble etc.

neither points are a problem though. :eek:)

get it.

Upvote 0
i was using mixzing for awhile and have recently been using museek. i've been trying to find something that works along the lines of itunes genius playlist feature (the only thing i miss from my old iphone). so far it's hit or miss; neither do a very good job yet.

that said, both are more than capable players. haven't tried 3 yet.

Upvote 0
is the EQ really good ?.

The difference using the EQ, when set correctly, is massive. Im dead fussy when it comes to how somethink sounds with my headphones on. This is the first phone, that im happy with, sound wise (so naff without mixzing eq). You have to be real careful when using the full range settings, and especially the db gain slider. All my mp3 music on the phone has already been gained (via mp3 gain on pc) to 92 db. Ive got Desire set, so the most heavy bass tunes , dont distort. (see image below) Ive found, these settings offer the greatest sounds. Adjust the treble and bass slider levels to suit, i like alot of both.

Upvote 0
I like the Mixzing one too.

In fact, the stock one was sufficient for me. :)
Two niggles I have though:
1) No landscape album art cover flow on now playing
and 2) inability to go back to the same position that your library menu was on (i.e. how the iPod highlights the artist/album you were last on etc.)

I was looking for a player with the ability to take you back to where you where when you hit play. Does Mixzing do that? I haven't found a way to do it on the stock one.

Upvote 0
I have given Mixzing another go as of last night.

Yeah it has an EQ but have found the levels much better with this turned off so thats no bonus for me.

So far at this time it does not have much/if anything over the stock one for me to warrant the adverts. In fact prefer the cover flow option within stock...Unless they have that in Mixzing and I've just not found it.

Have tried cubed (3) music player but find that cover flow box thing ugly.

Probably just me being picky but its personal taste as always. Saw a new one that has been released so will try that and update on here later :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones