• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best music player??

3 mixed with mylockandroid is great. you can have your droid locked and still use the music app!

What is mylockandroid? I looked on the market and I could not find anything. Does it work with anything or just cubed? I would love to find something that would turn off the screen without locking it. The turn on and slide to unlock is not very convenient when driving. I would love to find something that would allow the phone to come back on by touching the screen in certain cases.

Upvote 0
+1 for btunes the paid version.

The lockscreen controls are great but to me what i enjoy is the camera control for next song. When in your coat pocket you can hit the power button then hit the camera button to change to the next song without always having to take the phone out or looking at the screen especially in the sun where sometimes you can't even see the screen.

Upvote 0
I think btunes is the best. Sucks that it's a paid app, but for me was worth it.

I've been following nearly every music app out there and if anyone hasn't tried btunes in a while, they are in for a surprise! This app is the real thing. The music app we've all been craving. The developer went from a simple iPhone music player ripoff to a full featured music app that, now, just blows away the rest. The lockscreen widget complete with programmable functions for the camera button while music is playing is *exactly* what others have been advised to do but btunes finally did it.

Please don't say it sucks that the dev wants a whole $1.49 for this app!! It is worth every penny and from what I see, you can tell a LOT of time was put into it. This is the third paid app I have and was happy to help a dev that has put out a killer player.

Upvote 0
went from stock...to mixzing...to stock....to 3 (cubed)....to stock....to Meridian...to 3 ....and now to btunes. So far so good.
  • I've had issues with my phone rebooting while streaming audio via bluetooth with mixzing and Meridian.
  • I didn't hate the stock player but it sucked that it didn't let me specify a folder to pull my music files. So my library had ringtones in it. That's annoying.
  • 3 was really nice to look at but to me it wasn't too functional. I wish that I could sort by individual songs.
  • btunes, like I said, so far so good. No major issues except album art is sometimes wrong but I can live with that.

Upvote 0
I liked Btunes, but just got a refund, I dont like how when I go back to the main artist page, it starts off at the top of the list and not where I left it...Also it bothers me that it looks like an iphone music player..I DONT WANT MY DROID TO BE AND IPHONE! I prefer original UI, if Btunes had an option on UIs then maybe I would reinstall. Also, and most importantly, where is EQ!!!

Upvote 0
Tried Cubed, but didn't like its lack of functionality. Pretty yes, practical no. Good-looking widget, though. Tried bTunes. Oh my god, who designed that widget, a rock? Features okay otherwise, about on par with the HTC music player (albeit less polished aesthetically; no, I don't want an iPod/iPhone clone look).

Using MixZing now. Strikes a good balance of features and aesthetics. Great video "bookmark" feature, too!

Finally: if you enjoy the color blue, Nemo Player (ripped from Acer Liquid) is a great alternative. Handles pictures, videos, and music.

Upvote 0
went from stock...to mixzing...to stock....to 3 (cubed)....to stock....to Meridian...to 3 ....and now to btunes. So far so good.
  • I've had issues with my phone rebooting while streaming audio via bluetooth with mixzing and Meridian.
  • I didn't hate the stock player but it sucked that it didn't let me specify a folder to pull my music files. So my library had ringtones in it. That's annoying.
  • 3 was really nice to look at but to me it wasn't too functional. I wish that I could sort by individual songs.
  • btunes, like I said, so far so good. No major issues except album art is sometimes wrong but I can live with that.

update: I have the same issues with Btunes that I had with mixzing but mixzing didn't reboot my phone or force close as much as btunes did.

I guess I have to keep looking then. I wish someone could just modify the stock player so it only looks at certain folders to pull music from. That is my only gripe. Or better yet, someone needs to create a music app that takes the best features from Mixzing, 3, Meridian and btunes and put it all in one app. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones