1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best music streaming app for android

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by japjeev, Apr 5, 2011.

1. japjeev

japjeev Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    i have about 10Gb of music on my computer, so i want to know what app is the best to stream it to my android? I have used audiogalaxy, i like it but it doesnt have shuffle all songs feature so i am trying to look for a different one.

Advertisement

2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Amazon Cloud Player.

3. japjeev

japjeev Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    yes, but dont i have to bupload it rather then straight streaming it from my computer.

4. A.Nonymous

None

Jun 7, 2010
    Sure, but you've only got 10 gb of music. What is the difference between streaming from your computer and streaming from the cloud? If you're on wifi, there's no difference if it's data charges you're worried about. Amazon gives you 5 gb to start with and you get upgraded to 20 gb buy buying a $2 album.

5. japjeev

japjeev Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    WOw thanks i like it. i have compressed my library and using amazon cloud player. But i have to upload the music thats gonna take a while but i still like it tho lol. but do you guys still know any other sites where i can stream my full music libarary since cloud player laggs a bit

6. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I use audiogalaxy. It works great!

7. japjeev

japjeev Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    then do you anyway to play all the songs with it? and making a playlist with all songs in it?

8. Doctorjazz

Doctorjazz Member
    None

Feb 27, 2010
    I'm interested in this as well. I have who knows how much music (old time music junky, have maybe 3,000 cd's, 5-6.000 LP's, various digital downloads). Do want to preserve uncompressed files and listen to them via streaming program. Audiogalaxy is not bad, so far the one I'm using, does ignore many files on my computer. Tried WinAmp, have to use browser to go to streaming site, which I don't mind, but found interface maddening. Uninstalled twice (really wanted it to work). Amazon gives a small amount of space for free, though, if you read closely, they give you more with a purchase for a year, if I remember correctly, then will charge monthly fees to keep the extra storage. Liked MeCanto, was free for a short while, then changed to monthly fee model (don't mind paying a few bucks for an app, even a bit more if it's good, hate the subscription model with monthly fees, though I suppose it could wind up cheaper if you decide to change services after a short while. Anyway, that's my experience so far; being memory limited on the phone, a reliable PC streamer would be great.

9. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    I would think more people take their music with them when 16GB and 32GB SD cards aren't really that expensive, especially with data caps looming and variable signal strength.

*shrug*

10. Doctorjazz

Doctorjazz Member
    None

Feb 27, 2010
    I may invest in a 32GB card, the 16 is 3/4 full, should go through it but have programs, backups, some media files, wasn't hard to do.

11. A.Nonymous

None

Jun 7, 2010
    I put my music in the cloud so I can devote the storage space on my phone to other things like roms, comic books, games, apps, etc....

12. japjeev

japjeev Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    as much as i like cloud player it still isnt as good as audiogalaxy since audio galaxy barely had any lag within songs. it really did it as fast i would do it on phone but downside was i had to have my computer on which i dont mind

13. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    I'm about to put Audiogalaxy through some paces in the next couple days. My issue, is that I currently sit on about 29 GB of music on my desktop. So, obviously the less I need to put on my card, the better. Plus, I also keep my laptop handy at work, so this would let me pick up my collection no matter where I am, either on that, or right on the phone.

First thing I noticed on the app, is "Shuffle Collection". Guess I'll see how that works out once the entire library is updated. (and at the rate I'm going right now after installing on the desktop, this is looking to be an all-night deal lol. 10k songs to go, it's on number...924.)

I did see that on my PC, there's the option for Inifinity Mode: Random. Mouseover shows it'll basically just add random songs to the ongoing playlist, in theory giving me an ongoing shuffle.