• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root best new phone?

I agree with the above. The Bionic is - temporarily - the king of the hill for performance and it's an LTE world-phone, so that's pretty sweet... but with the SGSII and Nexus Prime right on the horizon, I'm sticking with my X for a little while longer. It's running great with OMFGB and I really have no complaints right now. Might even stick it out until my contract is over, we'll see...

Upvote 0
SGS II is unknown, but the Nexus Prime is due the end of next month I believe.

Highly doubtful now that the SGSII will not make it to VZW, I think the Prime is taking it's place. The HTC Vigor is coming really soon here too, that looks like a nicely spec'd phone too.

I really would have liked for the SGSII to have made it to VZW since I agree with this (but oh well, it didn't make it :p):

@bigxie Andrew Xie
In terms of specs, the Bionic is pretty good. It has the 2nd most potent SoC, paired with 1GB of RAM. IMO, Exynos > OMAP4 > Snapdragon > T2.

Upvote 0
Highly doubtful now that the SGSII will make it to VZW, I think the Prime is taking it's place. The HTC Vigor is coming really soon here too, that looks like a nicely spec'd phone too.

I really would have liked for the SGSII to have made it to VZW since I agree with this (but oh well, it didn't make it :p):

@bigxie Andrew Xie
In terms of specs, the Bionic is pretty good. It has the 2nd most potent SoC, paired with 1GB of RAM. IMO, Exynos > OMAP4 > Snapdragon > T2.

Yea, no SGSII, plus it doesnt have 4g...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones