• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Note Taking apps for Galaxy Note 2

I love the Galaxy Note 2!! :D

The only app I am jealous of the iPhone/iPad is the Note Taker HD. Are there any apps like this one for Android, especially for the Galaxy Note 2? I need to be able to import a photo of a building, work space, etc., and then draw STRAIGHT lines for dimensioning purposes. Also, the ability to enter notes as text would be very helpful. Any ideas about apps with these capabilities?

I love the Galaxy Note 2!! :D

The only app I am jealous of the iPhone/iPad is the Note Taker HD. Are there any apps like this one for Android, especially for the Galaxy Note 2? I need to be able to import a photo of a building, work space, etc., and then draw STRAIGHT lines for dimensioning purposes. Also, the ability to enter notes as text would be very helpful. Any ideas about apps with these capabilities?

You don't like S Note?

Upvote 0
Springpad works well on the Note 2

Springpad

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.springpad&hl=en

Description

Springpad is an amazing way to save, share and act on what's important to you.Save what you love, organize it into smart notebooks, collaborate with others and share it with the world. Your life will never be the same.
Save anything, from anywhere.
- Collect things you find on the go or on the web.
- Clip an article, snap a photo, scan a barcode, record a voice memo or save a nearby place.
- Access the things you save from any of your devices.
Whatever you save, we'll make it better.
- Save a restaurant, and we'll give you a map and reviews.
- Save a movie, and we'll add Rotten Tomatoes reviews and nearby showtimes.
- Save a recipe, and we'll create an ingredient list and suggest wine pairings.
- Save a product, and we'll tell you when there's a price drop. Get the idea?
Collaborate on notebooks with friends, family and co-workers.
- Invite your family to collect ideas for your upcoming family vacation.
- Invite your foodie friends to share their favorite recipes.
- Invite your spouse to save restaurant and movie ideas for date night.
- Collaborate with co-workers on a project, or collect must-read industry articles.
Share and discover great content.
From "Favorite West Village Brunch Spots" to "Essential Beach Reads," the notebooks you curate could be valuable to others. Springpad lets you easily share your best notebooks with the world. You can also explore and follow notebooks from other users within the Springpad community.
How might you use Springpad?
1. Save your favorite recipes - invite your family to collaborate, access ingredients on the go.
2. Plan your next vacation - save hotel, restaurants, activities, subway maps, etc.
3. Save bookmarks for reading later - never forget an important article or book.
4. Create a movies-I-must-see-this-summer-or-else list.
5. Build wish lists and shopping lists.
6. Collaborate with co-workers on a project.
[/QUOTE]

and of course there is

EverNote

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...esult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ldmVybm90ZSJd

Evernote turns your Android device into an extension of your brain.★ New York Times ‘Top 10 Must-Have App’, Winner: TechCrunch Crunchies, Mashable Awards and the Webbys. ★
Evernote is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. Stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity. Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders--and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
Key Features:
- Sync all of your notes across the computers and devices you use
- Create and edit text notes, to-dos and task lists
- Save, sync and share files
- Search for text inside images
- Organize notes by notebooks and tags
- Email notes and save tweets to your Evernote account
- Connect Evernote to other apps and products you use
- Share notes with friends and colleagues via Facebook and Twitter
★ Premium feature: take notebooks offline to access them anytime
★ Premium feature: allow others to edit your notebooks
★ Premium feature: add a PIN lock to your Evernote app
Here are some ways to use Evernote for your personal and professional life:
- Research smarter: snap photos of whiteboards and books
- Take meeting and class notes, draft agendas and research notes
- Plan a trip: keep track of travel plans, plane tickets and passports
- Organize and save recipes; search by ingredients later
- Create a grocery list or task list and check things off as you go
- View web pages saved in Evernote on your desktop
- Capture ideas and inspiration on the go
- Access files and notes you create on your phone from your desktop
- Keep track of products and prices for comparison shopping purposes
- Keep finances in order: save receipts, bills and contracts
- Reduce paper clutter by taking snapshots of restaurant menus, business cards and labels
- Use Evernote as part of your GTD system to help you stay organized
- To get the most out of your Evernote experience, download it on all of the computers and phones that you use.
Evernote is available for:
Desktop: Mac, Windows and Web
Mobile: Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm WebOS, Windows Mobile
Tablet: Android, iPad
Web: Evernote for Web; Web Clippers for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer
More information about permissions at:
http://s.evernote.com/permissions
Learn more: http://evernote.com/getting_started/

and

Evernote Widget
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmV2ZXJub3RlLndpZGdldCJd

Description

**The latest version of Evernote is required in order to use the Evernote Widget app**
The Evernote Widget lets you go directly to core Evernote features right from your home screen.Two widget options:
- Small widget: Create new text, snapshot and audio notes, and jump to the search screen.
- Large widget: Same as the small widget, plus snippets of recently viewed notes.
How to install:
Once you install this app, tap and hold on the home screen, then select your preferred widget from the popup.
The story behind this widget:
We want every users to have the best Evernote experience possible. Unfortunately, if Evernote is installed on the SD card, then the widgets that comes with the app are unavailable. Thanks to this Evernote Widget application, anyone can take advantage of this time saving feature regardless of where Evernote is installed.

Upvote 0
This one also looks good and straightforward

Papyrus Beta
Papyrus | Samsung Galaxy Note S Pen App Challenge

xlarge.png

Papyrus is a natural handwriting note-taking app for Android that you use just like paper, but with the flexibility and advantages of modern technology. With Papyrus, you can go beyond paper!
Key Features: - Take notes naturally with the S Pen - Pen strokes are vector graphics! - Undo/redo strokes - Select and move strokes - Cut, copy, and paste strokes between notes - Two finger scroll - Organize notes within notebooks - Export notes to PDF for printing, archiving, or sharing - Share notes with friends and colleagues via email, Evernote, and other services
With the pressure sensitive S Pen, you can take notes naturally on your Galaxy Note! By differentiating between finger and S Pen input, you are able to perform different tasks very easily. For example, you could write with the pen and erase with your finger!
This is only the beginning...bigger things are just around the corner! Please stay tuned! Check out our website at http://steadfastinnovation.com for more information on the future of Papyrus. Also checkout http://projectpapyrus.com.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104478908562404692045/posts/RKVMr4jRDLg

Upvote 0
I talked to the makers of the Note Taker HD app and they said they had no plans of making an app for Android=( I've been looking for an app that compares too and so far I haven't found anything I like. Most don't have the magnified window at the bottom to write in and the ones that do don't have auto advance that I've seen.
Antipaper Notes comes close but has a few drawbacks. No auto advance that I've found, when in portrat mode some of the buttons on top are cut off on the sides, and you can't pay for it through google play but overall it seems to come close.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones