• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Office Replacement?

MattG92

Feb 11, 2013
UK
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this is a question that has been asked 1000's of times however I can't find a recent answer, so I thought it would be worth asking again considering that the apps could have been updated since.

I'm looking for a Microsoft Office substitute for my galaxy note 10.1. I have no issue with having to pay for the app :)

I need one that is:
  • Very good at rendering the documents as a lot of what I work with at university are badly created tables inside a word file and some apps I have tried are not able to render then very well.
  • Able to integrate well with sugarsync; being able to download, edit and then re-upload the new version efficiently and effectively
  • Compatible with either Google Cloud Print or preferably my wireless printer (Epson Stylus SX440)
  • Compatible with both the old and new versions of MS Office and can open documents, power-points and spreadsheets

Thanks for your help :)

Google drive ? :D

Aha unfortunately i have the WiFi only model so I could see this becoming frustrating when I am out of range, that and it doesn't work with SugarSync

Hi Matt, have you given this a go: CloudOn?

That looks really nice (I gave it a try with an old dropbox account) but again it wouldn't work offline and it doesn't seem to support SugarSync which is a shame :(

Thanks for both of your suggestions though :)

Upvote 0
I use "Quickoffice Pro" for all of my document needs. It can do everything you need. As for the cloud printing, it can do this, but local printing it depends. For me, I use a separate printer app called "HP ePrint Home&Biz" for all my local printing. I just select share and select the printer app from the pop-up window.

Quickoffice Pro for Android: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones