• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best Online Backup for security?

Elephandroid

Lurker
Dec 11, 2014
Hey folks. I'm looking for the best cloud backup service for protecting data with encryption.

I also need to be able to backup all my devices, so compatibility is essential. And I don't want to be charged per device if possible.

Just curious about other people's experiences with services.

Thanks!

Just to follow-up in case someone checks out my thread looking for the same answer: I ended up going with IDrive Online Backup. They offer universal backup for Android as well as iOS devices, plus computers, so I was able to backup all of my devices at no extra cost.

They also use private key encryption, so I got to choose the key that unlocks my data, and it's not kept on IDrive's, any third-party's, servers. That means only I can view my encrypted files.

IDrive just released a wireless drive called IDrive Wi-Fi that comes with a year subscription. I decided to take them up on this because the deal was very fairly priced and I wanted to be able to quickly backup a lot of files to a local drive as well as have the files secure in the cloud. So far I'm very pleased with IDrive's service. The interface is easy to work with, they're super-secure and you can't beat the price.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones