1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Best Online Backup for security?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Elephandroid, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Elephandroid

Elephandroid Lurker
    None

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Hey folks. I'm looking for the best cloud backup service for protecting data with encryption.

I also need to be able to backup all my devices, so compatibility is essential. And I don't want to be charged per device if possible.

Just curious about other people's experiences with services.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Elephandroid

Elephandroid Lurker
    None

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Just to follow-up in case someone checks out my thread looking for the same answer: I ended up going with IDrive Online Backup. They offer universal backup for Android as well as iOS devices, plus computers, so I was able to backup all of my devices at no extra cost.

They also use private key encryption, so I got to choose the key that unlocks my data, and it's not kept on IDrive's, any third-party's, servers. That means only I can view my encrypted files.

IDrive just released a wireless drive called IDrive Wi-Fi that comes with a year subscription. I decided to take them up on this because the deal was very fairly priced and I wanted to be able to quickly backup a lot of files to a local drive as well as have the files secure in the cloud. So far I'm very pleased with IDrive's service. The interface is easy to work with, they're super-secure and you can't beat the price.

Brian706 likes this.
  3. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Thanks, I started using it as well pretty recently from a promotional offer. I haven't restored anything yet, but it seems to handle backups well.