1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Best option for encrypting phone???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 18t, Apr 12, 2011.

1. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    My gf works for a big financial company and they said phones must be 100% encrypted. I know with some apps like touchdown you can encrypt a few things. Is there any other options out there? I spent alot of time talking her out of getting another iphone and into Android. Help!

Advertisement

2. project.in.process

project.in.process Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Production Engineer
    Charlotte, NC
    was her phone purchased using a corporate discount--or was it actually given to her by her company?

Google recently released a showcase of Security implementations/features that are going to be/able to be pushed to corporate phones to compete with the security grip that Blackberry allows

3. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    she has not purchased the phone yet, her contract is up in a couple weeks. she found this out in a meeting this morning. she will be purchasing it separate from the company.

i saw their apps for business. not sure her company is going to pay $50 per year per user.

4. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    If she is purchasing it seperarate from the company why does it need to be encrypted? If she needs a phone for work the company should be buying her one.

5. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    lol thats a whole nother discussion. its one of their clients who does audits etc that is not allowing it. i heard the droid pro has better security than thunderbolt but she doesnt want the pro!