• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best overall Virgin Mobile phone?

so the elite can be used with a grandfathered $25 plan? would anybody recommend the elite over triumph? i'm sick of the triumph.

Spec wise the Triumph matches or exceeds the Elite in pretty much every category:

Motorola TRIUMPH vs LG Optimus Elite - Phone specs comparison

If you are willing to root your Triumph, a CM9 with working camera is close to completion. The Motorola Triumph is and will remain the best smartphone eligible for the $25/month plan.

Upvote 0
I currently have the ice cream sandwich OS Kyocera Rise with 1gb of internal storage,app2sd capable,3g,and touchscreen'querty keyboard slideout.i would like a phone of same or better quality with all of these features,but 4g instead of 3g..and preferably a better camera.not to picky on whether or not my upgrade to a better phone have a front camera btw but it would be nice though.does anyone know of a phone like that?i was looking at a lot of the Samsung galaxy phones but lots of bad reviews..and not sure how to "flash" gingerbread onto the triumph if I were to get it,or if that's even safe for the device or if it will slow it down.any input?

Upvote 0
I am also using the Rise and the camera is truly bad, other than that it gets through the day really well, almost everything works almost every time. can't ask for much more but 4G would be nice (if it ever comes to my locale). I don't know if 4g's not available how much I would be gaining besides a camera by moving ot the S3, I'm sure it would be a little smoother on wifi and such but that's a chunk of change? Waiting for LTE to hit before pulling the trigger on one of these. I still have a better actual camera that's pretty convenient ... but it would be nice to just carry the one thing.

Upvote 0
I had the triumph.. I broke my screen though so I bought the Kyocera Rise and it's been decent. I miss my front camera. This phone feels faster than my triumph ever did though maybe it's the factory installed ICS and it has the same SOC as the triumph. I do wish it had a better processor though. One of the compelling features was the real slide out keyboard and I never even use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones