1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best Password Manager App??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by DGalt, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Nepherim

Nepherim Well-Known Member
    None

b-folders: Excellent find -- exactly what I was looking for. One thing it's missing is a way to define custom types. Apart from that it's excellent.

Advertisement

2. cmdrpenguin

cmdrpenguin Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Ditto on keepass.

I've used it for years. I store all of my ids, passwords, license codes, etc on it and use on my droid, windows desktop, linux desktop and carry it on my keychain/usb drive via PortableApps.

3. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    I've used SplashID forever, but can't get it to sync on the Droid after hours of trying.

4. oceanlight

oceanlight Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    USA
    another vote for keepass

5. daytona

daytona Newbie
    None

Oct 30, 2009
    lastpass charges $1/mo for android sync, which is a dealbreaker for me. I'd pay up to $50 for a good password manager, but reoccurring fees are out of the question. Guess i'll try keepass.

6. G35 Mass

G35 Mass Lurker
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    I'm looking for a program like this but that facilitates storing account info for credit cards, etc. Haven't found one yet.

7. JeffMull

JeffMull Lurker
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Just asked Roboform support whether they had any plans to port Roboform to Droid. Answer: " Currently the Droid is not yet supported. It is currently being tested. No ETA"

So it looks like we'll get Roboform eventually. Excellent!

Jeff

8. Nepherim

None

Read the rest of this thread. Try B-Folders and SecForms.

9. rlandon

rlandon Lurker
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Keeper! It's free (on Market) and has been approved for government use using 128-bit encryption. You can also get the pc version. Using it on mine as is my boss on our Moto Droids.

10. Nepherim

None

Just a heads-up to others, it's called Keeper! real name is "Keeper Password & Data Vault". It doesn't have templates for non-password info (it does have notes). Personally though, I wouldn't trust a password app that has full net access, and doesn't enforce minimum master password length/complexity.

11. daytona

daytona Newbie
    None

Oct 30, 2009
    well, after reading all this, I just tried keepass and oisafe. Keepass worked pretty well. Desktop version imported my database (csv file) pretty well. Had to modify the csv file to make it fit the fields of keepass, but it was easy. Keepass (desktop version) exports an encrypted file that the android version can read. worked pretty well. you have to manually put the file onto your sd card which isnt that big a deal. I'd prefer syncing, but this is just as easy. Fonts on the android version are big, i mean really big, but it's usable. My favorite is still ascendo datavault for blackberry, but they don't seem to have plans on releasing an android version.

oisafe looks better graphically (better designed UI), but i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to import a csv file. tried using their field order and everything, just got a weird error saying that the first fields are empty. Since i have a couple hundred logins/passwords/accts/etc, i need to have something that can import a database.

12. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    Been a longtime user of splashid since treo/winmo/bb . Before I shell out another $10 to them (I feel like I am personally funding them), is anyone on this forum using it with the droid, and does it sync well (like it has with the other platforms). I have been very happy with this program, but some of the comments from the market make it seem like it has problems syncing...

13. geobernd

geobernd Newbie
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    I was using it on the G1 - now using it on the Droid. No Sync problems whatsoever (PC is Win 7 with 64 bit - before Vista 64bit)

14. HotDawg

HotDawg Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    data analyst
    Splash ID user here. I don't mind the cost, it works well and I like the desktop sync, and I can set set up two droids to the one desktop.

15. john30308

None

Dec 3, 2009
    I also used SplashID for years on my Treo's. I bought the Android version for my Droid but after hours of trying to get it to sync I'm still stuck. I switched to keepass.

16. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    If I understand Keepass correctly, it doesn't seem like it syncs. I need something that when I update my desktop, it automatically will update my droid and vice versa. Does it do this?

17. john30308

None

Dec 3, 2009
    Keepass does not sync. You have to save the file on the desktop version and then transfer the file to the handheld. It's worked for me so far, but I'm only making minimal changes - most of my stuff is static (credit cards, memberships, etc.). I expect I'll have to transfer the file once a month. If you want real syncing, it's not for you. But try it - its free.

18. jackburnt

jackburnt Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Auburn, AL
    Keepass doesn't sync. However, most of us (I think) use Dropbox in conjunction with Keepass to keep it update.

Just waiting for Dropbox for Android now. You can download files through the website, so you can "update" your database as needed.

Try SugarSync. They have an Android version already out. But I prefer Dropbox over SugarSync, so I'm waiting.

maddog0 likes this.
  19. hamburglar

hamburglar Newbie
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    I use Secrets.

20. dr_trousers

dr_trousers Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm guess I'm unclear on what these do. I can not sync my droid to lotus notes for work email (yea, I said notes, what is this, 1993?). I can only check emails through the web interface. Can any of these apps auto-save my very alpha-numeric username and password so I dont have to type everytime I check email?

21. sinned

sinned Newbie
    None

Dec 1, 2009

i just installed SecForms its pretty B/A and does what i need it to do i think you will be happy with it as well...

22. stevo

stevo Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Forgive me if i'm posting in the wrong thread, but does anyone know the best/easiest way to transfer BB password keeper info to Droid? I don't need pc access, but will do whatever i must to avoid re-entering all that info!

23. Eugene

Eugene Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Male
    I was looking at keypass for droid and it looks ;like it only supports the keepass 1.x databases but keypass 2.x is the only one that runs on linux. Anyone else using it, can the 2.0 version be run but leave the password file n the 1.x format?

24. stevo

stevo Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    after much research and debate i went with Keeper. it was the only app i could find that would sync seamlessly with my droid. desktop version is $30:( very happy with it tho...

25. 123td4

123td4 Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2010
    LastPass only fills in passwords on a Droid if you use the LastPass browser. A post on the LastPass chat board from one of their developers says that the limitation is that the Android browser does not support plug-ins. I am not sure if this is still true today...

So, this makes me ask: Has anybody found a password manager for a Droid that will fill in Login IDs and Passwords for the Android browser?

Thanks

dgchard likes this.