• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Password manager for Android and Windows?

1password is kinda ok... This isn't really a password manager(password reader) the only reason why i use 1password is because i got it for free in the appstore when i was using iphone. Im also trying to find an app that will sync between my android and pc. Most of applications on playstore store are free but lack of windows software makes them useless. And if some of them support windows platform they aren't cheap. 1password developers seem like they think android isnt really a profitable platform.. I found however one application that will sync between windows and android. Android application is paid but windows is free.. Its called '' Safe in the Cloud'' Ive tried it but don't really like cloud syncing. So im looking for something else.

Upvote 0
I use Password Safe by Jeff Harris (available in Google Play here). The nice thing about this is that there's a PC version as well, and I am able to keep my password file updated between the two platforms by using Dropbox. I find it very useful; it's simple; and I've never lost a password.

I am also using Password Safe and keeping it available and updated on both my Android Phone and Windows PC via dropbox. Has worked well for me for quite a while.

Upvote 0
My favorite is Password Angel. I use this program for Windows and Android.
Main features:
- Super-secure AES-256 bit encryption
- One master password
- Fresh and modern data-oriented design
- Powerful password generator is always at hand
- Fully customizable group tree structure with unlimited nesting
- Fast search through the database
- Expiration date for critical data (passwords and groups)
- Unlimited password databases
- Automatic database lock (by timer)
- User customizable values
- Dropbox cloud storage (premium version)
- Copy commands in notification area will help you to fill login/password in other applications
- Windows Desktop application available
- Data import from popular password managers through "Password Angel for Windows"

Upvote 0
I think that cloud storage for a password manager is inherently unsafe. Cloud storage is great for many other applications, but almost any encryption can be broken eventually if you leave the files "lying around" on the cloud.

That's why I use B-folders, which syncs directly between PCs, Macs and Androids, but never uses the cloud.

Upvote 0
I'll put in another vote for KeePassDroid + Dropbox. Specifically, Dropsync.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.keepass
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.dropsync
(Note that if you don't have a Dropbox account you should use the referral from my sig so you and I will both get a bonus.)

For the desktop:
Downloads - KeePass

This looks interesting, but appears it doesn't help if you don't have connectivity when you need your latest password file:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.randomcomplexity.s3keepass

If Dropbox is not to your liking I recommend using a cloud storage service or 3rd party app that synchronizes your Android device automatically. Most synchronize desktops but require mobile uses to open the app, find the file, and download it fresh every time. (Once again let me plug my referrals, from the last link in my sig. ;))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones