1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best PDF Text Reflow?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Gunnzie, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Gunnzie

Gunnzie Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    I have a large collection of large software development books which are very heavy. Obviously carrying them all around with me is not practical but as many also came with a CD/DVD which contained all the source but also a PDF version of the book, I thought I'd carry them on a tablet PC instead.

The problem I have is that I either have a large 10 inch tablet and view the pages at almost the normal size but what I would prefer to do is carry a smaller tablet and view the PDFs with text reflow.

The problem with the text reflow option in Adobe Reader is that it messes up all the formatting in the source code examples.

Does anyone know of a PDF reader for Android that does a better job of text reflow. I've heard that Repligo is pretty good but unfortunately there is no trial version for me to test out.

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    'Mantano Reader' is also a good PDF reader and it has text reflow. It has a free version (with ads). With this version you might try you source code examples :)

Harry

3. grey3020

grey3020 Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2013
    No text reflow on the free version of Mantano Reader. :(

4. karen qpdf

karen qpdf Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2013
    Our apps, qPDF Notes and Viewer, have a text reflow mode. I am not sure how we would display the source code, though. If you send over a few example pages to qpdfsupport at qoppa.com, I could check how it looks and we can see if it's possible to make it display like proper code.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qoppa.activities.noteskey

-Karen

Disclosure: Hopefully it's obvious that I am involved with the development of these apps.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Try ezpdf. Its better than repligo and has a trial version.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

6. ghostwheel

ghostwheel Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    Currently, the text reflow reature on ezPDF is quite painful to use. Page up/down doesn't work so well.

I just tried qpdf (free version), and the text reflow feature works even worse there. words weren't properly separated, and lines were badly justified.

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I usually don't text reflow because dependent on the PDF file, sometimes it won't just reflow well even on Windows. So I just use the snap to column feature on ezpdf.